35 users online (2 members and 33 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 16
  2. Im back!    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Back ground help

Hi this prob be real easy for you guys but im a full on Newbie at webdesign but anyway, I have seen on various sight that the backgrounds of the page do not scroll with the text the background just stay completely still, I'm not sure of the name of this method but I would seriouslt appreciate it if someone could give me the code for it. I havent tried any code as of yet and my text is inside tables and I wish for the background to remain still as ppl scroll down to read what is in the tables.
    I hope that made sense lol thx for ya time.

Patrick

Status
    TIP for newbies:

Your first friend online is the "View Source (code)" of your browser. All us experienced webmasters are constantly finding cool things others have done - we immediately peek at the code to see how.

You're looking for the coding inside the opening <BODY ...> tag - specifically, the 'fixed' part, as in:

<BODY BGcolor=#fffaf0 BACKGROUND=../i/backgr/newspr.jpg STYLE="margin: 0; border: 4px solid #fffaf0" BGproperties=fixed>

There's more code than you need there - some may help answer your 'next' question.

Super Newbie

Status
    just put the code below in between <head> and </head>
    benzden has a better example though
    <style>
    BODY
    {
    BACKGROUND-ATTACHMENT: fixed;
    BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(..\background\bg.gif);
    }
    </style>