29 users online (1 members and 28 guests)  

Thread: Form Submission

Related

1. submission form help    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. form submission    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. Form Submission    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. form submission    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

Unhappy Form Submission

http://classicsof2003.tripod.com/index/id1.html

I'm having an issue. I made this website with one of my friends and I made a form so that people could order our product but I don't know how to make a real "Submit" button. The one I have now is a mailto and it doesn't work very well, as one can imagine. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but could somebody please give me a hand so that I can make a form like the kind on all the other sites? I'm sort of new to site making. Also, I'm not sure if Tripod can support that.

Thanks a lot,

Status
    If all you want is something like:

<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit" NAME="Search">

then you don't need a graphic and this should be moved to the HTML forum. Is that what you need?

New User

Status
    Well, I'm not really sure what I need. This is the code I have for my form right now. "ONLINE ORDER FORM"
    <P><FONT size=2>Name:</FONT><INPUT style="WIDTH: 287px; HEIGHT: 22px" maxLength=25 align=top size=41 name=name><BR><FONT size=2>Address:</FONT><INPUT maxLength=50 align="top middle" size=40 name=address><BR><FONT size=2>Choose your City:</FONT><SELECT multiple size=3 name=City> <OPTION value=1>Green Oaks</OPTION> <OPTION value=2>Libertyville</OPTION> <OPTION value=3>Lake Bluff</OPTION></SELECT><FONT size=2> State:</FONT><SELECT multiple size=1 name=state> <OPTION value=1>Illinois</OPTION></SELECT><FONT size=2> </FONT></P>
    <P><FONT size=2>Zip Code:</FONT><INPUT style="WIDTH: 80px; HEIGHT: 22px" maxLength=5 align="top middle" size=11 name=zip code><BR><FONT size=2>Phone Number (Optional but recommended):</FONT><INPUT style="WIDTH: 152px; HEIGHT: 22px" maxLength=15 align="top middle" size=21 name=telephone><BR><FONT size=2>Quantity:</FONT><INPUT style="WIDTH: 58px; HEIGHT: 22px" maxLength=2 align="top middle" size=8 name=quantity><BR><FONT size=2>Operating System:</FONT><INPUT style="WIDTH: 153px; HEIGHT: 22px" maxLength=25 align="top middle" size=21 name=quantity><BR><FONT size=2>E-mail Address: </FONT><INPUT style="WIDTH: 153px; HEIGHT: 22px" maxLength=45 align="top middle" size=21 name=quantity><BR><FONT size=2><B>Method of Transfer:</B><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<INPUT type=radio value=Delivery name=transfer> Delivery&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <INPUT type=radio value=Pickup name=transfer> Pickup<BR><BR><INPUT type=submit align=middle value="Submit your Order"><FONT size=2> </FONT><INPUT type=reset value=Reset name=mybutton><FONT size=2> </FONT></P></FORM>

Do you think adding whatever you gave me will do the trick? Do you think I may need a CGI Bin or something?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Actually it should be in the scripts forum, or it could fit in web hosting. Sounds like you are looking for a shopping cart which is a script, some hosts already have shopping carts, but you can rest assured a free host will not cut it. You will also need a SSL if you are going to get personal information.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    moving to hmmmm

...hosting

New User

Status
    What do you suggest I do then ? Right now, I have as a backup, people sending me actual e-mails with the needed information. That's rather sad.

Administrator

Status

check out our web host directory look at the ecommerce plans and communicate with the company you choose what you want to do so that you can be certain that you sign up at the place that is right for you.

Dave

Status
    It takes money to make money - from what I've seen, most low cost and especially MOST FREE hosts are not oriented toward supporting 'real' commercial sites - especially any involving shopping carts, credit cards and the like.

Get a good host the specializes in supporting commercial sites and please come back here to let us know how much it costs.

New User

Status
    Well, right now, I'm not going to make any decisions; I need to consult with my partner. The cheapest service was for 10.00. This is the link. http://www.ahfb2000.com/hostindex.php
    I'll consider if making the ordering a little simpler is worth essentially losing 2 orders. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by HTML; 03-23-2009 at 04:17 PM.

Status
    Superfanc, Don't overly complicate this. It appears that you have only one product to sell, don't handle credit cards, and will deliver or allow customer pickup. (At which time money may change hands.) Moreover, you probably won't be selling this in September.

Therfore, email form submission is fine. I don't know how much
    server side support your web host offers, so you would probably be better off using a javascript.

Here is a script that you can copy, paste and modify for your needs.
    <html>
    <head>
    <!--
    This file retrieved from the JS-Examples archives
    http://www.js-examples.com
    1000s of free ready to use scripts, tutorials, forums.
    Author: JS-Examples - http://www.js-examples.com/
    -->

</head>
    <body>

<form name="FormName" action="mailto:email removed" method="post" enctype="text/plain">
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="10" width="140" align="center">
    <tr><td colspan="2">Order Form</td></tr>
    <tr><td>Customer's Email Address :</td><td><input type="text" name="mail" size="25"></td></tr>
    <tr><td>Some Test Data :</td><td><input type="text" name="link" size="25"></td></tr>
    <tr><td colspan="2"><textarea name="opmerking" cols="35" rows="4">[put more data here]</textarea></td></tr>
    <tr><td align="left"><input type="submit" value="Send Email!"></td><td><input type="reset" value="Reset"></td></tr>
    </table>
    </form>

</body>
    </html>