55 users online (1 members and 54 guests)  

Related

1. How to turn off magic quotes in PHP ?    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Menu Magic II    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Red face Menu Magic II - Take 2

Right, I must not of made myself clear there then. In my defence it was nearly 4am in the morning and I had been working on a web site for 8 hours !!

Anyway I'll try again.

I am the Webmaster for a local youth football (soccer) league (The Milton Keynes & District Junior 7ís League).
    We are a non-profit organization and we charge clubs a small fee to join, purely for administration costs and whatever money is left over we pump back into the league.
    I am currently redesigning our web site to make it easier to use and update and I really like the tab menu that can be created using the Dreamweaver Plug-in - Menu Magic II - by project 7.
    However, because of the price I'm unsure about asking the league to get it because as I said we are a non-profit organization and we don't have money lying around to waste.

So does anyone use Menu Magic II?

Can you give me an idea of how easy it is to modify the visual style of it, as I want the menu to match the site?
    Is it easy to add more menu and sub-menu items to it at a later date?
    How user friendly is it?
    Is it worth the $90 + VAT that they want for it?
    As all I want is the tab menu is there another way of doing it without buying this plug-in?
    Iíve looked at lots of the JavaScript menus and they are all fairly ugly and Iíd really like to have something that is nice to look at as well as use.

Iím sorry if my last post implied something other than the questions Iíve just asked, I canít actually even remember what I said and it really was late (sorry early) so I doubt it was very coherent anyway.
    Sorry Dave no offence intended.

Super Newbie

Status
    u can't have everything. usually it's price vs quality

there are lots of free menu's out there that are very functional (most importantly) and somewhat good-looking.

wat kind of menu do u need? are u using frames? please give more info so that we can give suggestions

if u can't find anything u like, u can always create your own menu

i'm not sure what you're looking for, but u can use div's with the links/buttons, then use buttons/images placed along the top that change the visibility of the div's from invisible to visible and vice versa.

for instance, u have 2 tabs, "team list" and "player profiles". clicking on the "teamlist" button/image would set the div holding the links to the team list to visible, and the other div to invisible. so u would only see the "team list" links.

u can set the "team list" image/button to onClick or onMouseOver, to change the menu on a mouseclick on when the mouse moves over the "team list" image/button.

hope that helps

New User

Status
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I had thought about using divs but at certain parts of the season we need more menu items that i don't want to include straight away and I get the feeling it would be loads of work!!

I have been using frames but I really want to move away from that as I've had loads of complaints from the users of the site.

To give you an idea - look at the site http://www.mkdj7.co.uk/MK_Index.htm

All of the buttons down the left hand side need to be on the tab menu or as sub-menus.

I've looked on dynamic drive and there are no nice tab menus on there, any other places I could look?

Administrator

Status
    This is by far my fav menu -

http://www.milonic.co.uk/menu/

have a look thru the samples, there is loads of variety and customisation available, and even a wizard for creation (i think)
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?