46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. My Space Coding    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. do you need Myspace coding help?    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 2
  3. How do I put text in the CSS coding?    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Coding templates    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Angry Help with simple CSS coding

http://www.accphotography.com/newweb/newtrialleft.htm

I am getting frustrated and need help. This seems to be a simple enough CSS code that it should work, but it doesn't. Let me explain what I want, and then I will give you the link to see the coding.

I have a left frame with 12 links. The links are made up of a photo that mouses over to look depressed and a text description of the link. I need the links to do three things: 1: Change the text by simply underlining it when either the text or the photo is moused over. 2: Retain the photos mouseover capability. 3: Return to the same look after the link has been clicked.

The problems I am having at different intervals are these:

1: The text link is underlined before it is moused over and thus doesn't change when the mouse does go over it.

or

2: After the link has been clicked, it changes color and doesn't change back or it refuses to underline again.

or

3: All but 3 of the 12 links work perfectly, and the other 3 refuse to.

Can you please take a look at my code and see if you can spot the problem? I will give you a link to the file that has 9 working and 3 not working because that will at least show you what I want and maybe we can fix the other 3.

Thanks so much for your help,

ACC

Administrator

Status
    Hello,

I looked at your link using IE6, and all of the images/links are working as you described you wished them to be. have you cracked it? Or are you using a different browser?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Question Well I've cracked part of it.

I figured out what is wrong with it, now if I can just figure out how to fix it.

It seems that once I have visited a link, it no longer underlines when I mouse over it.

Try clicking on one of the links, and then when you go back to the page, I'll bet it won't underline that link again.

Is there a way to tell it to ignore visits to the page, or to tell it to always underline on mouse over?

Thanks again,

ACC

Administrator

Status
    Ahha. This sounds like a rule order problem.

Make sure your a:hover rules is below all other a rules. This should sort it.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

New User

Status

Thumbs up Genius

Genius, absolute genius. THANK YOU SOOOO MCUH! I was due to launch that site today, and really wanted that working first, you made it possible.

THANK YOU!!!

ACC

Administrator

Status
    glad its working.