34 users online (0 members and 34 guests)  

Related

1. Affiliate Programs stink--or is that AdSense?    Forum: Google Adsense
    Replies: 9
  2. Listing a New Affiliate Programs    Forum: Affiliate Marketing and Reseller Programs
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Warning - Spyware Programs that KILL affiliate cookies

Be very careful what software you promote. Some of the software you are selling or recommending may be causing you to lose affiliate commissions.

Some of the most popular anti-spyware programs detect and DELETE CJ, Linkshare and other affiliates cookies.

Read this wild, hysterically funny and sadly informative thread if you want a REAL eye-opener about who's eating affiliate cookies!
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=179600589&m=6326040963

Read this one also:
    Spyware Deleting CJ cookies
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=106607689&m=4366002573

It's so frustrating to me that my honest, hard working affiliates have to worry about parasites, ad blockers and now this too.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Hi Linda, you may want to take a scroll over to the webmaster ethics forum this is where we do most of the discussing of theftware. As far as ABW, I will do as my parents always told me and say nothing at all , except to say, I am thankful for our members who are too proud to let this forum turn into a daycare.

In regards to theftware, I hate it as much as the next guy, but who can blame them for doing what they are doing. CJ, Linkshare and BeFree have made the rules, and in their rules the theftware pushers are, for the most part, in compliance.

Kazzalite has burned CJ by altering the host file, personally I think it is somewhat funny that CJ is getting their due. Sure affiliates are also feeling it, I do not feel bad for them either, they continue to give CJ their ad space. As long as affiliates are willing to to give CJ the ok, by placing ads on thier sites, CJ will continue to allow the scum.

I have seen the same people whining for almost 2 years, the only action has been the so called code of conduct, which was a sham before the COC meeting took place. In my HONEST OPINION, ABW has done more damage to the affiliate industry than they have helped, Herbie and group is no better. Knowing what the only outcome could be, I personally asked Buckworks to not participate in the COC. I hated to see her get so involved in a meeting that could only have a negative affect on the industry.

but hey, that is just me

Dave

Status
    What exactly is ABW? and COC? im a little lost,but i remember the entire CJ thing back in the DAY lol

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    ABW= abestweb
    coc= code of conduct, instead of the theftware pushers having to live by the TOS (terms of service agreement), they are given a seperate set of "rules", the code of conduct.

Dave

Status
    yeah.. now i feel like an idiot, thanks for the expalnation

Administrator

Status

no reason to feel "like an idiot", I have done a poor job bringing these issues to the community.

Dave

New User

Status
    Dave,

Since I am new to your forum I didn't know you were so tuned into affiliate issues. It's nice to find an "intelligent and friendly" affiliate community. I agree with most of what you said!

BTW Todd says the Kazaa host file issue will be fied in a couple weeks, so we'll see.

Nice to meet a kindred spirt. Let me know if I can ever hlep you with anything. I'm a pretty good networker and good for brainstorming too.