152 users online (0 members and 152 guests)  

Related

1. Making headings bold in scroll bar!    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 1
  3. Not sure why my page doesn't scroll    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 8
  4. Making a scroll bar on the "about me" table    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Scroll Bar for text within page.    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Making a scroll bar within a page

Hello to whom this may concern,

My problem is kinda complicated yet simple at the same time, let me TRY and explain. Ok so my website is www.zonefire.net/home.html -- if you scroll up and down to read our news section which is that URL, then you see that the text goes over the horizontal line in the upper portion of the background image. I am wondering how you make another bar so that text does not "overflow" into this part of the image page (above the horizontal line where it says www.zonefire.net cs east invite etc...), you know what I mean?

Like what is the HTML code to do this? I want to show you what I have done so far:

It is at http://www.zonefire.net/repair.html -- this is basically what I was looking for, except I want to add two things to it. The first one is pretty obvious, how do I get the background image (if you view source this is zf211.jpg in my image directory) to show up in the box where you can scroll the news (the box is presently white). Moreover, how do I change the color of the scroll bar which is by default grayish looking like normal, to something like a black or one with some blue in it to make it look more catchy? I hope you understand what I mean...I can add more detail if need be. So basically I made two HTML documents, with each document separate from each other but one HTML document (namely repair.html in this case) contained another HTML document (in this case newsbackup.html)....

Ok thanks for your time, I appreciate anything you can suggest,
    Lawrence

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Code:
    <html>

<html>

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
    <title></title>
    <style>
    a            { text-decoration: none }
    A:hover {   text-decoration: none; color: #1E90FF}</style>
    </head>

<div align="left">
      <table width="1024 table height="768">
        <tbody>
          <tr>
    <BODY LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 style="background-image:URL('/images/zf211.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat">

<body background="/images/zf211.jpg" text="#ffffff" link="#ffffff" vlink="#ffffff" alink="#ffffff" bg-repeat="no-repeat" bgproperties="fixed">
    <br>
    <br>
    Your primary concern at this time should be to correct your pages, after seeing the first pieces of code I did not look at anymore source so I am sure there is more wrong than just this. I doubt you need me to tell you what is wrong, let me know if you do.

Have you considered slicing the image and using frames?

Dave

New User

Status
    omg how do u learn all those codes!?? i want to learn

Administrator

Status
    you learn by reading tutorials, reading articles, and generally experimenting.

If you wish to learn, then your on the right track
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Re: Making a scroll bar within a page

The code doesn't have to be that long. Jesus. All you need is something like this:
    <div style="width:300px;height:150px;overflow:auto;border-width:2px;border-color:000000;border-style:dotted;">
    If it's for myspace and you wanna give it a headline all you have to do it press Enter once so that you right underneath the code and type:
    <strong>Enter Text</strong>

New User

Status

Thumbs up Re: Making a scroll bar within a page

Quote Originally Posted by let_it_bleed927 View Post
    The code doesn't have to be that long. Jesus. All you need is something like this:
    <div style="width:300px;height:150px;overflow:auto;border-width:2px;border-color:000000;border-style:dotted;">
    If it's for myspace and you wanna give it a headline all you have to do it press Enter once so that you right underneath the code and type:
    <strong>Enter Text</strong>

This is it! No css sh** needed!

Status

Re: Making a scroll bar within a page

Quote Originally Posted by ice_chase View Post
    This is it! No css sh** needed!
    I appreciate that you may not be a css fan, but that's a completely pointless comment.
    Totally inaccurate, too.
    What do you think style="width:300px;height:150px;overflow:auto;border-width:2px;border-color:000000;border-style:dotted;"
    is?