161 users online (0 members and 161 guests)  

Related

1. Upload image sit    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Upload File    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. Upload Script    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Allowing users to upload files    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  5. How do I upload my file?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Allowing others to upload

Hi,
    My webhost does not allow me to use CGI scripts. I have heard there is a way to allow people to upload just by using forms and asp.

I already have a section of my website that is password protected, all i need is to include a form on that page and somehow let users upload their files. However, i don't really even know how to get started on this. Could onyone help me please?

thanks.

Administrator

Status
    Hiya,

Its possible to upload using pure asp. Someone asked a few weeks ago if this was possible, and I posted an asp class in this thread -

http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmaster_he...ure+asp+upload

Enjoy.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Yeah i found that while i was looking around however i have no idea what i actually do with it.

i've tried to look everywhere, and even though i've found countless free asp upload files/classes/programs they all assume you know what your doing. Even the 'instuctions' are useless.

I have several asp uplaoder classes but i don't know what to do with them, or how to include them in my webpage. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Administrator

Status
    I know what you mean :/

ASP is not my preferred language, but I have been doing an awful of of ASP and .NET stuff in work for the last six months. I most certainly have an example of useage somewhere, and I brought a backup home with me last week, so I prob have it there.

I will have a dig about, if I can find one I will post it here for you. Wont be too quick, tho. We are going out to a fish restaurant Suppers on me, tho :/
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?