35 users online (2 members and 33 guests)  

Related

1. Music on my page    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Passing variables from HTML page to page    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Web Page Music question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
  4. Replies: 2
  5. Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Question Actually Tell me how to put music on my page.

I've been looking around all the threads...trying to learn how to put a song into my page...But they all don't tell me how...They say "It will take to long to open the page...blah...blah...blah..." I just wanna know how to do it... :-) so could you just give me the code...And not tell me the bad things that can come of it when I put music on the page...I saw somehint like <embed src=> but what do i put in there...If you guys really wanna know I am going to put a beatles song called octopuses's garden and I wanna know how...So could you give me the exact code for it...Oh and don't give me all that legal mumbo jumbo...I've taken care of it...Thx
    Last edited by Sir Octopus; 07-28-2003 at 05:03 PM.

Administrator

Status
    your a cheeky one, aren't you?

Glad you have read the various debates about music in your webpage, you still wanna do it so thats fine.

Code:
    <embed src="musicfilename.mp3" autostart="true"></embed>
    I think that does it. tbh, its been literally years since I embdedded anything

The filename in the above example is the name of your music file, and it needs to be in the same web directory as the pae calling it. Should work.

Welcome to the forums, btw. nice to see a strong personality come by.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Question Where do I find Music?

Ok I got the music to work...But where do I find music that will work on my page...I've looked around and I don't know what format the music has to be in...And I haven't found a website that has songs in that format...Plz help me...Thx

Administrator

Status
    Most people use midi files. They are relatively small. try http://www.freemidi.com/
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    Most people use midi files. They are relatively small. try http://www.freemidi.com/

Grrrrr, I have used the same code afformentioned above, but there seems to be a bit of a problem. Here's the code I have.

<embed src="Fighting-5.MIDI" autostart="true"></embed>

But for some reason, It "Dose'nt want to work".

I am completely and Utterly lost. Can anyone help?

New User

Status
    Oh, I forgot somthing. Please? lol

Status
    Hi there,

Deans coding works fine at my end, so it could be any number of little things for you...It might help if we had a link to your site or some source code? Without me having specifics, check the following:
    This might seem silly but make sure your file name is exactly the same as your source code, and make sure that you have your midi in the correct directory/have the correct file path. These usually are what trip me up and take ages to find the problem lol and then I'm red faced.
    Does the midi play fine by itself when not embedded?
    I'd recommend trying an .mp3 or .wav snippet instead, just to test and rule out the following: Maybe it's something as simple as your sound/media player isn't configured to play MIDIS? I switched my midis off ages ago once too and had to add them back.
    Hopefully it's something as simple as this and nothing really technical. You should wait until the experts get here lol.. I just thought instead of me annoying them all the time with questions I'd try to make myself useful hehe.

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xdeadd0llx
    Hi there,

Deans coding works fine at my end, so it could be any number of little things for you...It might help if we had a link to your site or some source code? Without me having specifics, check the following:
    This might seem silly but make sure your file name is exactly the same as your source code, and make sure that you have your midi in the correct directory/have the correct file path. These usually are what trip me up and take ages to find the problem lol and then I'm red faced.
    Does the midi play fine by itself when not embedded?
    I'd recommend trying an .mp3 or .wav snippet instead, just to test and rule out the following: Maybe it's something as simple as your sound/media player isn't configured to play MIDIS? I switched my midis off ages ago once too and had to add them back.
    Hopefully it's something as simple as this and nothing really technical. You should wait until the experts get here lol.. I just thought instead of me annoying them all the time with questions I'd try to make myself useful hehe.

http://hometown.aol.com/guitarsandcigars/index.html

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTooLate
    http://hometown.aol.com/guitarsandcigars/index.html

And thanks, You're the greatest, You'll need to read my profile to understand my page.

Status
    The EMBED statement is looking for the file http://hometown.aol.com/guitarsandcigars/Fighting-5.MIDI but I get a File not found when I try to directly go to that file. Double check the file name (both spelling and upper/lower case) and the directory that the file is stored in.

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma
    The EMBED statement is looking for the file http://hometown.aol.com/guitarsandcigars/Fighting-5.MIDI but I get a File not found when I try to directly go to that file. Double check the file name (both spelling and upper/lower case) and the directory that the file is stored in.

Thanks, enigma. Yer a HUGE help.

Status
    Yep, I'm with Enigma on that one... I looked at your source code and I noticed something that might be of interest. I assume you're adding media via a page maker? When I found other media in the source code within <htpdiv> tags, I noticed the urls were either the full path or a much extended path, as opposed to simply "Fighting-5.MIDI". Make sure you check exactly where the file is (and that it's actually there) and indicate the correct, and to be on the safe side, extended, path.

If you want to get rid of the VISIBLE Windows Mediaplayer interface (least that's what I see) then use the following code:

Code:
    <embed src="yoursoundfile" hidden="true" autostart="true">
    <noembed><bgsound src="yoursoundfile"></noembed>
    I'm no coding expert, but I usually include the <noembed> with my code for browsers that might not support <embed>.. have to see what others think about the validity of that.

On a side note, If you fix the path and it still isn't playing, I often have problems playing midis on other sites too.. Probably because of how my media player is configured. From memory I disabled midis but that was a long time ago. Something to check. I never have problems with .mp3 or .wav using the same code....