40 users online (0 members and 40 guests)  

Related

1. Alignment issue on IE8    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. alignment problem    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 10
  3. Bullet mis-alignment in IE vs. FF    Forum: CSS Forum
  4. Image alignment problem on flexi page    Forum: HTML Forum
  5. Table alignment    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

page alignment??

hi guys! would anyone please explain to me how come when i change the display properites on my pc to something else the page that i'm making seems to go all fuzzy and unaligned?... ok ok i'll explain, for example, i view the page i'm making with the screen area set on 800x600 pixels, the letter and images on my page go haywire, like an image shouldn't be where it should be, text seem like i put <br>'s on them but if i set my display on 1024x768 pixels i get it right. i went to see if there's something wrong with the pc i'm working with by testing the same process on another pc but the same thing happened, so there must be something wrong with what i did, could anyone please tell me how to correct this??? thanks.if anyone wants to try it my page is http://midnightman.rgob.com thanks again.

p.s. i don't think there's anything wrong with my pc,just me.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    You have about a half dozen opening body tags, 1 closing body tag, no closing body tag where it should be, no closing HTML tag.

and that is just the begining, better start with the basics

Dave

New User

Status
    Hi Dave, i was using notepad when i posted the question, but i went and saw microsoft frontpage, would it be a good idea for me to use that instead?? but i don't really know what i'm getting in to so i'm asking for advice, does it still work the same as notepad only more hi-tech? thanks again for the help.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Notepad is the way to go, frontpage, dreamweaver and other editors will leave your code a mess. I have suggested beginners use editors for the basic layout incorporating the content later by hand, but you must still have a grasp for HTML in order to clean up the mess left by the editor.

I am revisiting your code now and it is looking much better, I do see some mistakes though. In several places you have code like the following-
    Code:
    <FONT SIZE="4"FACE
    there should be a space between "4" and face
    Code:
    <FONT SIZE="4" FACE
    you should also know that the font tag has been depracated, meaning current browsers still understand the code, but using CSS for font is the way to go now. IMHO though, stick with the font for now as it gives you a better understanding when you make the step to incorporate CSS.

Code:
    <PALIGN="LEFT">
    should be
    Code:
    <P ALIGN="LEFT">
    Code:
    <FONT COLOR="RED"<B>
    should be
    Code:
    <FONT COLOR="RED"><B>
    Code:
    <BR> REMEMBER, I'M NO PSYCHOLOGIST, I'M JUST A FRIEND WHO'S ALWAYS HERE TO LISTEN SO COME ON, SEND THAT MAIL OVER!.</FONT><BR>
    where is the opening font tag?

I probably missed a couple errors so be sure to recheck the entire code.

Dave

New User

Status
    Thanks Dave, i'll be going through all my errors, i hate making your site like a free tutorial for me but that's what i have to do in order for me to be able to complete my site, i don't have the resources to buy a book or something like that. That is why i seek help here. Thanks again guys!! do you think it would be a good idea if i just use frontpage to make what i want to see then edit it personally?? thanks again!

Administrator

Status

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman
    Thanks Dave, i'll be going through all my errors, i hate making your site like a fr*e tutorial for me but that's what i have to do in order for me to be able to complete my site,
    That is what AHFB is for

do you think it would be a good idea if i just use frontpage to make what i want to see then edit it personally?? thanks again!
    sure you can but the biggest problem with an editir is the extra tags they leave behind, especially font tags. In other words you need to know HTML to clean up the mess eft behind by editors.

Dave

Status

This might sound corney but.....

I always use this analogy.
    "You have to learn to crawl before you can walk.
    After you know how to walk, then, if you want, you can buy a car or take the bus. If a car or bus can't get you to where you're going, be thankful that you learned how to walk."