65 users online (0 members and 65 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 3
  2. Replies: 2
  3. Web Weeks?    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    New User

Status

Question Execute data according to the weeks entered

hi all ,

i need to execute data according to the week entered in a cell in excel. which means when i key in "4" weeks at the user input, it will execute 8 weeks data and when i key in "6" weeks, it will execute 12 weeks data. at this point i use the formulae offset to extract the data from table. i need help on vbscript now. please help me with this...

thanks and regards,
    rachel
    Last edited by rachelrekkab; 08-04-2003 at 01:47 AM.

New User

Status

Exclamation

refer to attached to view my spreadsheet...

regards,
    rachel
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator

Status
    Hi Rachel,

Could you clarify the process a little please.

I assume you want a webpage to do this? How will the user upload excel etc? thanks
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

hi QuietDean,

Could you clarify the process a little please.
    when you open the file, you can see the data extracted shown below the chart. if you key in any date at "A22" it will display the extracted data. (you can try, to see the changes.) now my problem is, my "A23" (calculation window week) is not working.

what i meant by that is, if i key in any one value from 2 to 6 in "A23" , i want the data to be extracted according to the week key in.

what i meant by that is, if i key in any one value from 2 to 6 in "A23" , i want the data to be extracted according to the week key in.

i have given you an example on how 4 weeks and 6 weeks data will look like.

so lets say i key in 28/07/03 in "A22", then i key in 6 in "A23", i want the data to show exactly like eg. 6weeks. which means take the key in date to be the reference date and move 6 weeks forward and 6 weeks backward in the chart and the row date will move 6 weeks upward. (if you study the (eg. 6weeks) table then you understand what i meant by forward, backward and upward.)

it goes the same thing if i key in 4. i want it to show like eg. 4weeks.

but i want the 4weeks or any other weeks entered to be display at D22 too not like the example shown. the example shown is just to show you how the extracted data should look like.

if key in 2, then will 2 weeks forward, 2 weeks backward and 2 weeks upward... etc... (same goes for 3weeks, 5weeks...)

I assume you want a webpage to do this? How will the user upload excel etc? thanks
    No, i don't need a webpage to do this. i want it to work on excel itself. maybe now it need to make use of VB. im not sure how to do it.

thanks,
    rachel
    Last edited by rachelrekkab; 08-05-2003 at 03:42 AM.

Be Yourself

Status
    lol this is why they invented MySQL. I don't know spreadsheets to this degree... maybe i should learn?

Administrator

Status
    Hi again Rachel.

If your lucky, there may be some Excel experts on the board (I dont even have it installed). But you may not find the expertise you need as this is obviously an excel problem.

This board is, of course, a support board for Web-designers. Sorry.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    im looking for their help. anyway thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    Hi again Rachel.

If your lucky, there may be some Excel experts on the board (I dont even have it installed). But you may not find the expertise you need as this is obviously an excel problem.

This board is, of course, a support board for Web-designers. Sorry.