38 users online (2 members and 36 guests)  

Thread: frames question

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. quick question about frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Question about frames and swapping text    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. question about targeting frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Advanced Frames Question?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  5. Basic question about Frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Warning: Undefined index: NCISM in F:\webspace\hcreseller\75210197\doctoredmedia.com\www\sportsMedicine\website\site\index.php on line 6

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at F:\webspace\hcreseller\75210197\doctoredmedia.com\www\sportsMedicine\website\site\index.php:6) in F:\webspace\hcreseller\75210197\doctoredmedia.com\www\sportsMedicine\website\site\index.php on line 8

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Warning: Undefined index: NCISM in F:\webspace\hcreseller\75210197\doctoredmedia.com\www\sportsMedicine\website\site\index.php on line 6

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at F:\webspace\hcreseller\75210197\doctoredmedia.com\www\sportsMedicine\website\site\index.php:6) in F:\webspace\hcreseller\75210197\doctoredmedia.com\www\sportsMedicine\website\site\index.php on line 8
    ah! i bet i know why....it's because it is trying to send you one directory back "../" when it detects u don't have a cookie yet. but index.php is not an allowed index file yet. hopefully when my host allows it, it should work. mind if i ask again when he does? thanks dave.

New User

Status
    ok, it works now. mind giving it another go? thanks. (note, above link and post edited to get rid of the index.php in the link)

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    404 error now

New User

Status
    fixed now? (sorry)

works now on my virgin work machine (hasn't seen the cookie yet)

Administrator

Status

works now, I really dislike the idea of hitting the splash page, clicking enter and having the main index pop in a new window.

D

Be Yourself

Status
    Hey! Ok I got a little bored just barely so i took five minutes to write this up and to show you what I was talking about with the text area because I really hate long scroll down pages (when your reading text for it anyway):

Code:
    :::index.php:::
    <textarea class="overflow">
    Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.
    Now is the time for all good men to come to the
    etc...
    </textarea>

:::styles.css:::

textarea.overflow {
    width: 414px;
    height: 225px;
    color: yellow;
    border: 1px solid darkblue;
    background-color: #2A537B;
    font-family: Verdana;
    }
    what do you think? You probably played around with that but I like that better but it's all up to you!
    Last edited by Derek; 08-11-2003 at 05:24 PM.

New User

Status
    thanks derek for going over that. very nice of you. i did try it and didn't like how the horizontal scroll bar shows up (even when it isn't needed), so i went with the more "traditional" long page idea. i think it'll do.

dave, thanks for your suggestion. i eliminated the new window and instead it now opens in _self.

i really appreciate the feedback and suggestions guys. thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2