38 users online (1 members and 37 guests)  

Thread: Hey all.

New User

Status

Hey all.

Hi all,
    Thought I would introduce myself since I am a new user at this forum. I am currently working as administrator of a site called passive minds, http://www.passiveminds.com We provide a plain and fairly simple site for people interested in design of web pages. The main purpose of the site is to provide an ever-growing list of sites that are interesting from a designer perspective. Our users provide us with sites they think should be on the list, and there is a voting tool that allow users to grade the sites on the list. Other than passive minds, I also work within the informatics field doing some research on HCI. I am located in Sweden as of right now. Anyway I hope this forum will turn out to be an interesting one. Regards,

HW

Status

Talking Welcome

Your site is an interesting concept.

The rating system might be a little subjective though. For fun, I did a sort of "5's" across the board and came up with just one site: http://www.ktyk.com
    I might be slow sometimes, but when I tried to navigate around it, there is no indication as to how to navigate. It took me awhile to figure out that hovering over something (not always obvious) brought up the word "MENU" somewhere on the page. When I clicked it, it always went to the same menu system. I MUCH prefer to have a main menu on the page all the time. It looks like it might have been designed exclusively for PDAs as it only occupies a space of about 3" x 6" on my screen.
    I'm curious on how it got a "5" rating for functionality with such an abstract navigation system. I'd also like to see what it looked like in other browsers. It certainly looks pretty slick in WINtel2000 IE6.0!

Welcome to AHFB!

Be Yourself

Status
    I would agree the general idea of that menu could take flight with some changes but as it is now I also had to wait 15 seconds for it to load even with DSL. And as for your site I don't know if your excluse 1024X768 or higher but I get a bottom scroll bar on my 800X600. That's a big no no.

Welcome to AHFB!!

New User

Status

Nice to meet you!

Hi, I'm new here too and wanted to say "Hi". Great job on the site!