32 users online (1 members and 31 guests)  

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. How to build a url using input text boxes    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 4
  3. Background-color problem    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. background-color and NetScape 7 problem    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 2
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Welcome to the forums Good to know that about the Google toolbar. Personally I do not think I would use that function of the toolbar, besides already using Roboform I think I would have an issue with a piece of software with "phone home" capabilities having this info.

Dave

New User

Status

thanks

Thanks Dave. I agree

Someone upgraded it on my work computer while I was on vacation.. and the new version is packed with features that are pretty much useless to me.... I must've spent around 10 workhours or so trying to figure out why the input boxes were filled with yellow. Tried clearning my cache, rebooting, removing all stylesheets, etc... then i noticed it was happening on other pages too... and thats when it hit me, it had to be something with the browser...

Nice forum you have going on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Welcome to the forums Good to know that about the Google toolbar. Personally I do not think I would use that function of the toolbar, besides already using Roboform I think I would have an issue with a piece of software with "phone home" capabilities having this info.

Dave

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Good news is nobody from your office upgraded the toolbar, bad news google auto updated everybody.

Thanks for the kind words, a bunch of good people make it what it is.

Dave
    Last edited by HTML; 09-04-2003 at 05:34 PM.

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaleel
    Disabling the auto-fill option fixes the problem immediately.
    Not only that, but there is a very easy way to disable it for everyone that views your site. It takes only about 7 lines of javascript.

http://code.jenseng.com/google/

Administrator

Status
    The google autofill is very much an end-user issue. I use it, I like it. It only autofills when I ask it to. I would be quite annoyed if someone disabled a tool I used and trusted.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietDean
    The google autofill is very much an end-user issue. I use it, I like it. It only autofills when I ask it to. I would be quite annoyed if someone disabled a tool I used and trusted.
    That's a very good point. And it's one of the things I address on that page. The script doesn't actually disable the AutoFill feature, it merely lets the web page designer determine how the input fields will be styled. This is potentially useful if the design has inputs with gray backgrounds and white text.

If the designer really doesn't want yellow input fields, for the sake of those who use AutoFill, he/she really should make it known that they can still use it, either by styling the fields differently than the rest or by providing a message.

New User

Status

Angry f**k the google toolbar

We had the same problem in certain browsers, it appeared on those browser the google toolbar was installed, it uses the yellow color to do something with autofill forms...

New User

Status
    Still get the yellow with no style applied on this machine, but no yellow on other machines. anyway, problem solved. thanks for your efforts!"

This is stange because it appears to be the same problem as what I am having. Not a big deal because it is just my machine that is seeing the yellow... hum

My browser is IE6 (if I use the Firefox browser on effected machine the fields are the correct color)

When I have tried the same form with two style sheets and it has the same results.

The only thing that sounds different is that input box border does change according to the style sheet even though the color blinks grey and changes to yellow.

New User

Status

The problem has been solved for me

My problem with the mystery "yellow" colored text boxes has been solved! The answer was posted on another forum and I will pass it on here.

I have the Google toolbar installed which I use to help control pop up advertising.

If on the Google toolbar I go to "Options" and uncheck "Auto Fill Button" the yellow field then takes on the color of the css.

Regards,
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2