hi, i struggled through asp to do my first site, but when i uploaded all my files the links were all broke...i searched here for similar probs, and found one other with same experience but my site structure is, i think, more complex and i am totally lost and after two weeks more confused....
My structure is like this, i hope someone can find time to help me out..

Folder- (mywebsitename)
|
default.asp
Folder - (includes)
| |
| header.asp, subsname.asp, webnavbar.js
|
Folder - (DBfoldername)
| |
| database.mdb
|
Folder - (dbConndetails)
| |
| DBconnect.asp
|
Folder - (webfiles)
|
Folder- (News)
| |
| newscatalog.asp
|
Folder - (notNews)
|
somethingelse.asp

every file in the site in folders such as (news/newscatalog.asp) and (NotNews) have SSI header.asp included. header.asp itself has the navigation included as <script type='text/javascript' src='webnavbar.js'></script>

every file also has included file (dbconndetails/dbconnect.asp)
which in turn contains a path to
(DBfoldername/database.mdb)

also the files have a variety of subs, that are included in several (subsfilename).asp in the includes folder...these all contain various HREF's to other pages...all also have variety of image src's, form post Action url's etc..

what happened was i uploaded my working site and the links broke down, pages couldnt find the database, or the the database connection file...a variety of things went wrong like the header not being found or when that was tweaked and found and got to work on default page the links didnt work, more tweaking and successfully linked to another page but then other links started going like this...
/Webfiles/News/Webfiles/News/notnews/somethingelse.asp

same with database, i get the path to DB in dbconn to work for one page but in subdirectories it cant be found...

every time i tweak something works but something else then doesnt.... im lost at how to include these all these files, and give them paths that work in all directory levels...please help, right now hitting me with a hammer would help so if ive confused you as much as i did myself dont worry, get the toolbox out!!!