42 users online (0 members and 42 guests)  

Related

1. CGI + iFrame = Frustration (solution?)    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 6
    allstarr

Post Frustration with Gimp

Problem One: When I was installing it, I clicked yes to everything, not even looking at what I clicked yes too. Usually, it all works out, but this time, I clicked on the thing that said "Have gimp become your main view of pictures", and now everything opens with gimp, which takes a little longer to get into, and I don't always wanna edit what I open. Does anyone know how to reverse the effect and have the pictures view normally again?

Problem Two: This one can't be solved, but I have to let my frustration out. Gimp won't take .gif's! I hardly ever use .jpg or whatever, cause sometimes it distorts my picture, and it bugs the heck out of me. Does anyone know of a free graphics program that matches the power of gimp, AND takes .gif's?

Status

You can save gif's with gimp.. and do fix the opening problem, just shift-right click on the gif file and select open with.. selcet the program, and make sure u click on use to open all the time, then hit ok.. then when u view a gif.. it should open in that program

allstarr

but mine won't save with gif. It says it doesn't recognize gif. It says "Unknown file type". Isn't there a more permanant solution where I go inside paint or internet explorere or wherever it veiwed it before and say to view it there? And there is no "Open with" when I right click on the image.

Status

Um.. there has to be a way to save it in gif.. when u start a new file.. what are the choices?

Administrator

Status

Cool

Your 'open with' problem -

StartMenu/Settings/Folder Options/File Types

Find the file type, choose edit, highlight open, choose edit again and browse to the program you want it to open with. Eh voila.

------------------
    QuietDean-

Status

If only i hade gimp installed again.... i have photoshop

allstarr

Thanks Quiet Dean, your the best. But I still can't use gimp to open gif's, but at least it opens now with internet explorer again. Thanks for ur time to, Zarie. Later all.
    Last edited by HTML; 03-09-2012 at 09:10 AM.