117 users online (0 members and 117 guests)  

Related

1. Moving elements    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Moving Site (maybe)    Forum: Graphics Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Stopping a Javascript function with a button    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Stopping Bandwidth Theft    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    RAPTOR

Status

Stopping cintent from moving

I am working on a site for my clan and my images move into my text areas when I resize the window. Is there anyway to stop this? I tried formatting the entire page in tables, I only use them for my navagation, but that still didn't work. To see what I mean http://www.geocities.com/covert_warfare I just want my images and content to stay where it is.

Thanks in advance!
    Ywun

RAPTOR

Status
    Oh yeah I forgot most of the links don't work because my site is still under construction.

bald headed old fart

Status
    chertsey, a small town 25 miles south west of london, england.
    Hi there Ywun ,

Can you check the link that you have supplied....
    I am getting the dreaded The page cannot be displayed

coothead

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    after the page finally loaded,(half a meg in images alone!) I looked at your code. If I were you I would run your code through the HTML validator. Once you have done this you may be able to solve the problem yourself, or you can let us know in this thread. As it stands there are just too many errors to make heads or tails out of it.

Dave

Be Yourself

Status
    well first off check your code you have some tags with missspelled endings (</d) is just an example, or they are in the wrong place, but basically the table code looks like a little mess. Clean that up and then see what happens. You have your image aligned to the right, so when the page shortens its gonna wanna go to the right of the page and will scoot (spelled right lol?) over as the page is shortened or lengthened. You could set that image as part of the background rather than an image.

Be Yourself

Status
    ha u beat me dave, but basically same message!

RAPTOR

Status
    When I ran it through the HTML validator it said it was an unknown encoding. I used to have all the left side in seperate tables. How do you make an image as a background image? Sorry I am new to Html and all, I'm just experimenting with new codes and stuff.

Thank You for all your help!
    Ywun

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    The error you are getting is due to an invalid doc-type visit http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html.

In regards to making an image a background, that is covered in the HTML tutorials.

Dave

RAPTOR

Status
    Thanks! Um I think I said it the wrong way I meant how would I make my image as part of the background like Derek said? Also the reason why it loaded so long was because my animated gif at the bottom of my page takes 8 seconds to load(first time) on a cable modem due to the settings. I frogot that when putting it in. I'm gonna take it out.

Thanks!
    Ywun

RAPTOR

Status
    I went through my tables and found many mistakes so I decided to redo them. They are clean now but how do I get my "centered" table to be up with the tables I have to the left. http://www.geocities.com/covert_warfare/index2.html to see what I mean. I want the centered tables at the bottom of the page to be at the top with the other tables next to it.

Thanks!
    Ywun

Administrator

Status

You will need nested tables

Code:
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">
    include left side table here
    </td>
    <td valign="top">
    include right side table here
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    You still have some problems with your current table code, I see closing tags where there are none called for.

Dave

RAPTOR

Status
    Thanks Dave! I think I'm done with that problem. I frogot to switch over those valigns when I switched to a new lay-out a few days ago!

Ywun

Be Yourself

Status
    What Dave meant by the background tutorials is Daves site has HTML tutorials (of course), and in those tutorials lies the answer to your question of how to put an image in the background.