29 users online (1 members and 28 guests)  

Related

1. Driving traffic to site by having content on site    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 2

Status

Lightbulb A site im doing for a Dj

Not finished yet, but i would like to see wat u guys think!

http://www.blueice-media.com/pgrant/index.html

thanks!

ps. u need flash player 6!!

New User

Status

I Love It Myself

Hey, great start--absolutely. While some may sour on flash this is the perfect vehicle of presentation especially for a DJ.

Something dynamic, something fun! If I was adding the only thing I might add in light of it being a DJ might be the ability to change the intro track--just for the heck of it.

I love the lines and the creative presentation of having all of the content dynamcially appear in that top block. Keep it up and let me/us know when it's totally finished.

If you care to divulge in the forum... how long have you been doing flash.... and if you don't care to divulge in public send me a private message if you care to divulge at all. I always get sick when I see nice flash as I've always aspired to do it. But a couple of classes with no practice or any application of such merely makes me armed and dangerous more than anything else.

Bye Now!

Status
    Not bad for flash. I would think, though, that if you're going to use flash (especially on the first page) that you would just use the screen available, and not make the user have to scroll down (the contact is off-screen in 800X600).
    A little more contrasting/complementary colour would be nice as well

Status
    mbh :

Thanks for your feedback!

What do you mean by changing the intro track?
    Well that actually shouldnt be the track playing, im still waiting for one of his own tracks, but i have a feeling it will be a while, so i just used that one for the time being!

I've been working on flash for about 6mths on and off though. I learn a lot through forums. www.kirupa.com is one of the sites i use!

Android:

Thanks for your feedback!

The flash wont be used for the first page, there will be ahtml page with the option of a html site too. I have considered other resolutions for this design, especially the html, but since my target audience is of a younger generation, im not too woriied about resolution being 800x600.

What colour do you suggest for more contrast?

I was given colours to use and that was purple and black. Purple and black would create a really dark website, so i used white and greys for the site to be more appealing to the eye.

Once again thanks for your feedback guys

Status

Talking

Not much you can do when the customer has it's mind made up .
    Ideas for colours? I used "Color Wheel Expert" and determined that if I used a rather innocuous purple (3300ff)as the main color:
    1. The complementary color turns out to be a dark green (336600)
    2. The split complements are a dark green (006600) and olive green (666600)
    3. The analogous colours are dark blue (000066) and a deep purple (660066)
    4. The triad colors are a dark green (006633) and a kind of a brownish (663300)
    5. The tetrad of colors are (006633), (663300), (003366), and (660033)

I also have a ColorMatch, which tells me that the matching colors for (003366) are:
    (5900B3) (523D66) (8F6BB3) (999999) and (666666) which are all varying shades of purple as well as two shades of grey, which says you're not too far off!

LOL, I'm usually the last one to use a software program to determine a color scheme.

New User

Status
    As far as another intro tune... what I was implying was offering people say 3 different options of intro tunes they could chose to play. You know kinda like a DJ might.

Yeah, on the color I figured you might have some restrictions as projected by the given client. Everybody has different taste and will focus on different things. If purple and black is what you have to work with so be it... add more touches of black in your case if additions of color are limited.

The following may or may NOT add to your cause but I thought I'd throw 'em in for reference anyway for your browsing as time might permit...
    http://www.digital-web.com/
    http://roselli.org/new_evolt/layout/
    http://www.webdesignref.com/examples/safepalette.htm

Evil twin of Dave

Status
    Site seems to be down

New User

Status
    [QUOTE=Mr. Blue]Site seems to be down [/QUOTE]

Hey all, from what i know, the site now is live (online) at its proper address, since the other link was just testing reasons.

Hope loco dosent mind me doing this... heres the link

http://www.petergrant.dj

Nice work Loco...

enjoy.

New User

Status

Thumbs up

Looks very good! Loaded fast, the introduction looked great! I love the PG Logo

Great job!