299 users online (0 members and 299 guests)  

Related

1. Connecting Servers And keep dns    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 0
  3. DNS name servers?    Forum: One Stop Domains Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Registrar and DNS in Different servers

Hi,
    I am not with One Stop, but hopefully you can help and then I might be, I applied to transfer 2 of my Domains , abraxas-australia.com and aayahoo.com on the 9th August, now although they say transfer complete, my site is not up the register says my domains are on a different DNS, theone I transferred from, they say it is on the one that got the transfer, Internic's whois says domain in redemption.
    Can some one explain please and possibly tell me how to resolve this.
    Thanks

Status
    Sometimes when you transfer domains, the DNS information gets changed to the defaults of the receiving registrar. If your domains are in the Redemption period, then that implies that they in the 30 day grace period before being deleted.

Status
    I found some other links that might be helpful:

http://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html

http://freewho.com/checker/index.php

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    As stated by Enigma, it sounds like the domain was not renewed in time, therefore entered the "redemption" period. Depending on your registrar it will cost between $80.00 and $200.00 to get it back during this grace period. The price range is set by ICANN and registrars must not charge outside of this range.

Transfers can be very time consuming as they must go through the losing registrar, you can understand they are not going to be in a hurry.

Another consideration, some hosts will email you with notice some will not, those that do email warning of pending expiration, may do so anywhere from a week in advance to a month in advance. One Stop Domains gives users the option to recieve notice or not to from the user control panel, our notice is sent 30 days in advance.

regards,

Dave