30 users online (1 members and 29 guests)  

Thread: everyone.net

New User

Status

everyone.net

I am interested in providing free webmail accounts for my visitors and currently looking for a host seperate from my current host. I have been accepted in a sponsored webmail program with everyone.net and thought that was the answer. However, now that I have changed my MX records to point to this service and logged in for the first time I was greeted with advertisments and popups galore that I would rather my visitors not be subjected to. Would you mind doing alittle research on this company and tell me rather I need to run away or try and work out the issues?

Thank you,
    Joshua Walker

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    No investigating needed, I can speak from experience. At one time I offered webmail here at ahfb, through everyone.net, actually I still have a couple accounts.

In my honest opinion, they are one of the worst theftware pushers on the web today. Though I do have a couple accounts still open under the ahfb2000 domain I no longer offer it to the public, nor would I rec. them.

When I stopped offering it I sent an email to those that had signed up informing them that I would be removing the login unless I heard feedback asking me to keep it up for users, not a single person that had signed up ever used it.

Dave

New User

Status
    Thank you Dave,
    I have already changed my MX back to normal. I will have to continue looking for a webmail provider. Do you have any wbmail providers you would recommend?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by ne0z
    Thank you Dave,
    I have already changed my MX back to normal. I will have to continue looking for a webmail provider. Do you have any wbmail providers you would recommend?
    It depends on what you are willing to pay, no such thing as free. Regardless of who you choose there is a price to pay, be it cash, theftware/spyware popups yaddayaddayadda. Any service that plans on being in business tomorrow has to cover the costs somehow.

my suggestion, if you are willing to pay cash there are a few, if you are looking for a free service, dont even bother.

Dave

New User

Status
    I am very willing to pay. I do not have a large budget for this at the moment but 10-50 a month for a good service would be great.

Administrator

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ne0z
    I am very willing to pay. I do not have a large budget for this at the moment but 10-50 a month for a good service would be great.
    Check out http://www.netmongol.com/

Dave

Status
    <off topic>
    ne0z, just noticed that you're from Alabama, too. What part?
    </off topic>

Status
    http://www.hivemail.com/

Purchase it... and install it on your server to offer webmail!