31 users online (1 members and 30 guests)  

Thread: cross browser

Related

1. Replies: 4
  2. Cross browser ticker from text file needed    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 0
  3. need help wit google message-your browser doen not support browser    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Cross-Browser woes...    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    New User

Status

cross browser

My nice and tidy page, which looks so cute in IE, looks removed and out of place on both Opera and Mozilla
    www.myromania.org
    HELP!
    Last edited by HTML; 09-21-2003 at 02:56 PM.

Administrator

Status
    Whilst in IE you can access the style of an element directly by its ID, with most decent browsers you cannot. You need to use getElementByID

example here - http://css.somepeople.net?page=dynamic
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Experience Level

While I'm not sure what your experience level is in general (I'm the king of cut n paste) I would suggest/heavily recommend searching the heck out of scripts that say cross-browser this or that. Have a looksy here http://www.opencube.com/ for something that might help.

Now on the other hand if you're a brain super geek programmer then I can't help ya and you'll be on the getElementbyID trail or whatever on your own--Survivor Series Part III and so on and so forth.

Entering "cross-browser script" in google will give you more than you can shake a stick at if you're so inclined to travel this path although the above "opencube" mention is dealing specifically with the DHTML style of menus you appear to be working with.