217 users online (0 members and 217 guests)  

Related

1. FriEnd ADDERs    Forum: Myspace Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Doing a friend a favor    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 6
  3. Form Handling Script for 'Tell A Friend' Form    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Why cant my friend see graphics?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 11
  5. E-mail to a friend Form    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Tell a Friend Form

I wanted to put a tell a friend form on a site I am working on, but I could not locate a ready made script anywhere.

I am not yet familiar enough with HTML to do it on my own. Can anybody point me in the right direction on this?

Also, I have an email submission form, but it works by opening the users e-mail program when they hit send. How can I get it to send through the website?

Here is the site I am working on. www.absinthe.i8.com/index1.html

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    A nice php script is Recommend Me http://www.b-link.co.uk/stevedawson/scripts.htm

Dave

New User

Status
    Thanks for that link. Thats a very nice site. I am having some trouble getting them to work though. I used recommend me and contact me on my site. I edited the forms as instructed, everything looks good on the site itself, but my server doesnt allow PHP scripts.

So I hosted the *.php files on another server and then used them as the referance in the html on the two pages. The recommend me form does not complete, but does send out the e-mail. The contact form doesnt work at all. Both give error messages to the user.

Can anyone look over the scripts and source code to make sure I did everything right? It will be greatly apreciated. Thanks.

Main Site; www.absinthe.i8.com/index1.html

PHP files;
    www.reptile-world.net/contact_.php
    www.reptile-world.net/recommend_.php
    Last edited by Goanna; 09-25-2003 at 08:27 PM.

New User

Status
    Okay, I got the Recommend Me form working, but I still cant get the Contact me form to work.