49 users online (1 members and 48 guests)  

Thread: Form help.

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Replies: 4
  3. Replies: 1
  4. Form Handling Script for 'Tell A Friend' Form    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Form help.

Hi guys I'm new to this forum, it's good. Anyway I am not new to HTML but I am to forms. What I want is a form that will do two things... I need this to happen... I need after they make their choices on parts (this is for custom computers) for when they hit Buy Now! I wantan e-mail to be sent to me with their choices and the price. The second thing I want to happen is them to go to a buy page from paypal so the submit button is actually a buy button from paypal. One last thing is I want the price to go up when they pick a part..or down I want the price to acually changeat the bottom. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

Status
    Hiya, welcome to the forums.

For the prices to change when people choose different items, you will need to use JavaScript, good intro here - http://www.w3schools.org/js

For the email form you can use any server-side langauge to send the email to yourself. I recommend PHP as its the easiest to learn and opensource. Learn more about PHP here - http://www.php.net/

What your planning is a reasonably ambitious project, best to give yourself a good grounding in the above disciplines before getting going.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

More help

Ok the on thing is though that with a paypal button it is one set price. How can I get the button or what they pay to change with what they pick?

Administrator

Status
    The paypal button is basically a form.

this input device sets the price -

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="12.99">
    You can change the value here dynamically using JavaScript, or write it out using PHP (recommended), so the above links apply.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

New User

Status

Hmm

I don't quite get that could you please elaborate? Well acually is that supposed to be the item they pick then with all the added things it dispays them all added up at the botttom?
    Last edited by Coop; 09-27-2003 at 02:46 PM.

Administrator

Status
    Well, using php you can track what they wish to purchase, and add it all up. Once thats added up, php can actually write the correct html for the total price.

that way, the button always has the correct value.

New User

Status

Ok. I think,

One last thing can I have text at the bottom that changes so they know the price? Also do you have some samplecode that would make one radio button to do these things pleasE?

Administrator

Status
    Yes, you can have text that changes / displays the total so far. Easily done with php or js.

I do not know any sample code, but have a look at www.hotscripts.com

New User

Status
    wow thats weird. when i registered i tried to get the name coop. i needed to ask a Q about forms.. and here i find Coop asking a similar question as me. i though it coulda been me a while ago that i forgot about. good times..