35 users online (1 members and 34 guests)  

Thread: promotion.....

Related

1. Promotion Help    Forum: Website Promotion Forum
    Replies: 0
    allstarr

Post promotion.....

My old site is pretty bad, but I didn't expect less. I do expect my new site to be a huge improvement. Just for when I get my new site up, how do you get so many visitors Dave? Is it just your topic, or did you do several things to get it out there?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

I am currently getting about 8,000 uniques and about 40,000 page views a month. With the recent move I am expecting a slight drop off for the next 5 or 6 weeks, and am hoping to get it back up to about 75 - 80,000 by about March. Keep in mind that I first started AHFB almost 2 years ago.

Beginning like you are you will have a huge trial and error period, you will see it rise and you will see it fall. The best advice UI can give you for now would be to do searches of important keywords, see which of your competitors rank high and look at the meta tags, look at the text on the page, You will get a general idea of how the particular engine works and how to optimize your site accordingly.

Another HUGE thing to remember, you heard the old saying "If you cant beat 'em join 'em"? you should always keep track of who is ranked higher than you and always add links to their site. Sounds funny? On its own it is, your goal is to have the bigger sites link to you...never ever ask for a link if you are not already linking to them.

It takes a ton of homework and research, do yours, when you have questions let me know.

this helps:
    NBCI Search Terms Rank
    html 1
    html tutorial 2
    html tables 4
    advanced html 3

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 01-01-2001).]

Status

A couple things which you need to remember is you are never competing against another site, try to keep the attitude of that you are working with them, on different sites. If you are competing with a site, then your site will fail 99% of the time.

Another thing to be different. Offer something which no one, or few people, offer. This will let your site stand out amongst the crowd.

A Good design helps, and you won't acheive a perfect design, ever. Don't make it take 5 minutes to load, but don't skimp on the graphics eithor. My first site have 1 graphic on the front page, and a terrible layout, but we all start somewhere.

Keep these in mind (some of them) when working on pages.

They worked for me, and I continue to do that.

------------------
    Allyn -

allstarr

That's easy for you to say, Dave, no site compares to yours. But my topic is a hard one to compete with, there are literally thousands of sites for my topic. Although I think my site is unique in some ways, I think it'll do well, hopefully. I've only gotten about 200 visitors in 17 days, but I'm just starting out. Hopefully it will get better. Thanks for the tips. Checking for the competition will be almost impossible, but I know some of the really good sites. I'll try around.
    Last edited by HTML; 03-09-2012 at 09:02 AM.

New User

Status

Re: promotion.....

That's a nice post. Thank you.
    There are various methods of website promotion that you can use. That are like bookmarking, social networking, placing banners on other websites, promoting content, etc.
    This brings you a nice traffic to your website

New User

Status

thanks, nice information

New User

Status

Thanks, it's nice to hear how many visitors your site has been getting. I notice that this info was posted in 2001, just curious as to where your traffic stats are at in 2009??

New User

Status

there are different ways of promotion. however, Promotional Gifts can bring you some unique strategies.