41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Related

1. Help! scrollbars for tables    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Invisible link needed    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Custom scrollbars    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Vertical Scrollbars    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. invisible table    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status
    Transparent scrollbars are kind of hard to explain.

Ok, first copy this code, and put it where you have the
    <iframe>

style="FILTER: chroma (color=COLOR)"

Ok, do you see where it says "COLOR"? Well, you pick a color that you do not have on your CSS, and make that color a part of your CSS for the scrollbar.

Then you pick the color of the part of the scrollbar you want transparent, and put that into where it says "COLOR", and it should work.

this content came from http://chau.inked-melody.com/...there wasnt a link directly to the tut so i copy and pasted...if you want to see it yourself..simply go to that link and click content..then scroll for tutorials and then for the link to transparent scrollbars...

New User

Status

Lightbulb RE: Transparent scroll bars

Just a quick trouble shooting tip (because I just did this myself)-

If you're using this transparent scrollbar coding in a layout with tables, be sure to set a TABLE BACKGROUND for the column (or row) in which you'll need to use your scroll bar.

For example, take my page here: http://www.themashofaction.com/tmfindex.html

Do you see how all the images align? It's because I made a simple table with three columns. In the middle column, I set the background to be the rest of the man's arm, as you can see. (Note: The middle column also contains an Iframe.)

Once you've set that table background, then your see through scroll bar will be a success. Doing this will prevent any other background from disrupting your image alignment.

Just thought I'd let y'all know... I was nearly about to ask how to trouble shoot this myself when I loaded up my page to see if I could find this answer.

New User

Status

Re: Invisible Scrollbars

Haha, yay, this board answered my prayers <3
    Last edited by harriette; 11-09-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: realised question had been answered

New User

Status

Re: Invisible Scrollbars

did anyone get this working?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2