55 users online (1 members and 54 guests)  

Thread: SQL Tutorial

Related

1. PHP tutorial... (need reviews)    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. Small tutorial    Forum: Show it off!
    Replies: 1
  3. CSS Tutorial Updated    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. SQL Tutorial    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. CSS Tutorial Updated    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 21
    New User

Status

Exclamation SQL Tutorial

Have you been considering putting a database backend on your website project ? Heard about the SQL database language ? Want to find out how to put these together ?

I've put together a [b]admin edited[/b] , how to design, make and use them.

I've been getting some great feedback on this, and I thought I'd share with all of you. Please, any feedback is greatly appriciated.

-Chris
    Last edited by HTML; 10-31-2003 at 04:59 PM.

Administrator

Status
    Moved to 'Show Off' forum
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Talking Thanks - I'm a bit new to your forum

[QUOTE=QuietDean]Moved to 'Show Off' forum[/QUOTE]
    Dean,

Thank you for putting this in the right place.

I see you're the all star pro here , Can you think of any other useful tutorial the other members might like ?

I've been suprised how many people have been reading this tutorial, it inspires me to write more for the community. The internet taught me so much - I love contributing.

-Chris
    Last edited by HTML; 10-31-2003 at 04:59 PM.

Administrator

Status
    There is never enough php tutorials in the world

Special interest would be an introduction to Object-orientated programming (in php or in general). This concept is never easy to get your head around.

SQL Server tutorial would be cool (especially some of the more advanced topics, like views, triggers and stored procedures)

Thats just stuff I'm interested in
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Have you noticed your urls?

[QUOTE]/index.php/sql.html/create.htm[/QUOTE]

Dave

Status
    [QUOTE=Dave]Have you noticed your urls?

Dave[/QUOTE]

He is using some type of CMS... they look like id's with the .html extension...

New User

Status

I'm using a PHP script

[QUOTE=Zaire]He is using some type of CMS... they look like id's with the .html extension...[/QUOTE]

I'm using a php script to keep my navigation bar, page headers, and format all consitent.

I have a problem though - google won't spider those urls. So I've changed the format around a little bit, so now you go to
    [b]url removed[/b]

I'll see if Google spiders that better.

But you are correct, I wrote a quick hack of a Content Management System.

-Chris

PS : I also updated the [b]admin edited[/b] a bit, to make it easier to navigate.
    Last edited by HTML; 10-31-2003 at 05:00 PM.

Status
    [b]admin edited- sorry to remove your entire post, not your fault, just lots of urls pointing to the spammers website which he is not going to benefit from[/b]
    Last edited by HTML; 10-31-2003 at 05:02 PM.

New User

Status

DeepFreshBot is a new beast

The new GoogleBot only spiders so many levels deep, and it depends on your page rank.... so I just made it seem one "level" higher. Maybe this'll help, maybe not.

I need the file extensions sadly, since everything goes through my php script, even the images and css and stuff, and I need the index.php for the server to know which script to execute. I'm going to try to get my ISP to install mod_rewrite so that I can take the index.php out entirely... making my whole site seem like a flat file system - but you know how ISPs can be ;-)

-Chris
    Last edited by HTML; 10-31-2003 at 05:02 PM.

New User

Status

It seems to be working

[QUOTE=christodd]The new GoogleBot only spiders so many levels deep, and it depends on your page rank.... so I just made it seem one "level" higher. Maybe this'll help, maybe not.

I need the file extensions sadly, since everything goes through my php script, even the images and css and stuff, and I need the index.php for the server to know which script to execute. I'm going to try to get my ISP to install mod_rewrite so that I can take the index.php out entirely... making my whole site seem like a flat file system - but you know how ISPs can be ;-)

-Chris[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it's because I've been getting links to it, or changing the naming structure (I've got two more area like this), but it seemed to work. Google spidered it yesterday, and today it's in the rankings..... Yahoo!!..err umm.. Yah!!

-Chris

New User

Status

Re: It seems to be working

Update : I got a boost for fresh content for one day, resulting in some great hits. But that went away after the second day - now I'm waiting for google to recalc the indexes... hopefully then it'll get higher page rank.

New User

Status

Mysql

[QUOTE=christodd]Have you been considering putting a database backend on your website project ? Heard about the SQL database language ? Want to find out how to put these together ?

I've put together a [b]admin edited[/b] , how to design, make and use them.

I've been getting some great feedback on this, and I thought I'd share with all of you. Please, any feedback is greatly appriciated.

-Chris[/QUOTE]

I see you live in the same area I do, Would you be available for teaching MYSQL? I tried finding the link to your tutorial but I can't find it. I don't think it would take me long to learn and I've really tried learning from books, but I don't learn well from reading, learn much better from being shown. Thats' how I learned HTML by looking at source codes, took a course for CSS (online course).

I live in Sumner, Wa. I design websites for animal rescues at no charge to them, so I couldn't pay a lot, but I could pay something. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Belinda