38 users online (2 members and 36 guests)  

Related

1. From cd to webpage?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Replies: 1
  3. Replies: 2
  4. Need some help with a webpage    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

Please Help webpage question!!

Hi everyone!
    I am new here. I was wondering if anyone here would have a bit of time to help me. I want to do a webite for a "Very" small business...lol... I am familiar with html and know some about tables. I would like to do a webpage with a menu on the left and page content on the right side, and would like the right side to be able to scroll down but for the left side to remain stationary. I have seen this type of site on the web, but I cannot figure out how it is done. There is a left side source code and a right sde source code how do you put them together on one page? ..Help...lol! I would appreciate any help you could offer.
    Thanks!

Status

Talking

At the most basic level you could use frames or IFRAMES.
    I'll describe frames.
    You set up an HTML page that describes the sizes of the frames. (ie. the frame for you're navigation might be 200 pixels wide, and the frame for your content might be the balance, let's call this HTML document YOURSITE.html) and what is to appear in those frames in the form of two other HTML documents.
    Then you have to write those two other HTML documents that are referenced from the frameset document (let's call them NAV.html and CONTENT.html).
    So in YOURSITE.html you can set NAV.html to appear in the left frame, and CONTENT.html to appear in the right frame.
    You can set the left frame to not scroll, and the right frame to scroll.
    So now, you have a document made up from two documents of which only the right one will scroll!
    Got it? Of course, that's a quickie description. There's alot more to it.....for more info try here at AHFB or the tutes at http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp .
    Have fun

RAPTOR

Status
    Hi,
    Here's the script you want!

Code:
    <html>
    <head><title>Name This Page acntntsframe.html </title></head>
    <frameset cols="150,*" framespacing="0">
    <frame name="contents" frameborder=0 scrolling=no src="menu.html">
    <frame name="main" frameborder=0 scrolling=auto src="body1.html">
    <noframes>
    <body>
    <p>This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them.</p>
    </body>
    </noframes>
    </frameset>
    </html>
    I recommend putting scrolling "auto" for bith frames, because someone migh be using a different screen resolution, then they can scroll in the left frame so they can see everything that may be cut off, but if they have a different browser then there will be no scroll bars!

Ywun

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Ywun, the body tags are not used in a frameset, the noframes tag replaces body.

Dave