49 users online (0 members and 49 guests)  

Thread: Form Question

Related

1. HTML Form Question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 7
  2. Form Question    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  3. text form question    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. Another form question?....    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 15
  5. Form Question    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Form Question

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but not new to html. I'm sure I'll be able to help quite a few people as well.

But first, I have a forms question. I know most of this will probably come down to what formmailer I'm using, and unfortunaltely, I don't know. I'm working on a corporate intranet site and have to adhere to theirs.

With that said, I have a pulldown menu with 18 states in it and some other various text fields etc. I need the form to email one of five different addresses based on the state the user selects. I'm really lacking in Javascript knowledge and I know it's going to come down to that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Not a scripting pro either, so with my somewhat muddled thinking the action would need to be dynamic, hence...moving to the scripts forum

Dave

Administrator

Status
    I see your problem. You have no access to the processor script, so we are forced to move the processing to client-side.

You can change the values of form inputs using JavaScript, eg-

HTML Code:
    <form name="testform">
    <input type="text" name="blah" value="argh" onMouseOver="this.value='eek!';">
    <br />
    <a href="index.php" onMouseOver="document.testform.blah.value='meeeep!';">change again</a>
    </form>
    The above is a simple example of changing form fields with JavaScript events. have a play with that, come back to us when youmreach the next step.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?