41 users online (0 members and 41 guests)  

Related

1. Css Printing Problem    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 2
  2. Page Printing    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Printing    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  4. printing    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Question Printing with CSS

Is there any method of preventing the Title, page numbers, URL, etc from printing when the rest of the form is printed? I would like to print a form without these details. (Otherwise I will probably have to generate a PDF file, which I'd rather not have to do.)

Steve

Administrator

Status
    Hi,

The header, footer etc are actually defined in your printing preferences. As such, its not anything you can change from a webpage.

I have seen it done using ActiveX. basically, the print job is passed to the ActiveX control instead of the default printer driver, the that gives total control. However, its a huge download (7+ megs), its not publically available (my company use it in a web-based system), and not many people trust ActiveX enough.

So the short answer is no, sorry
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Thumbs up Just To Chime...

If I'm commenting correctly here as far as your inquiry goes... while I can't speak for other browsers right off hand I can tell you that the File --> Page Setup --> Margins & Header/Footer (tab) in the MOZILLA BROWSER allows you to specify whether or not you want title/page number/ date time/url and some other things to come out on the page you are about to print.

Again, hope I chimed in with a correct reference to what you asked here.

Status

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MrCircuits
    (Otherwise I will probably have to generate a PDF file, which I'd rather not have to do.)

Steve
    What's wrong with PDF?....They're simple enough to generate....I think Acrobat 5 supplies a printer driver.....File/Print..../Acrobat PDF Writer/Save PDF File as....
    The quickest way I know to convert anything to PDF.