19 users online (0 members and 19 guests)  

Related

1. basic animation    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Basic Information about ASP    Forum: ASP Forum
    Replies: 16
  3. Adding a Wav w/ controls to a Website    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Basic question about Frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
    New User

Status

mpg basic controls

Hi, I don't really know where else to post this, and I feel that I have looked all over and no luck so here goes.

Can I control the volume of an embed mpeg file? or is that only in the recording? Is using java the only way to force an external viewer to run a file?

Here is my situation, I had my wife test a .mpg file that was recorded with my camera, and she doesn't have the plug in to view it in her browser. What can I do to launch her media player? Now on my comp. I know the volume was probably set too loud, but is there a way to control it in the code? And do you know where I can find more information on Winxp media code stuffs? (can you tell I am no guru?)

Anything you can tell me will be helpful. Thanks.
    Dana

Texan at Heart

Status
    You can try this:
    Code:
    <object id="MediaPlayer" width=320 height=286
    classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
    standby="Loading Microsoft® Windows® Media Player components..."
    type="application/x-oleobject"
    codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112">
    <PARAM NAME="filename" VALUE="interview_fox_video.asx">
    <PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="true"> <PARAM NAME="showControls" VALUE="true">
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="true"> <PARAM NAME="Autorewind" VALUE="true">
    <PARAM NAME="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false"> 
      <EMBED SRC="interview_fox_video.asx" WIDTH=320 HEIGHT=286 type="application/x-mplayer2" name=MediaPlayer autostart=1 showcontrols=0 showstatusbar=1 autorewind=1 showdisplay=0>
    </EMBED></OBJECT>
    Replace the source (interview_fox_video.asx) in BOTH places to the path of your media.

As far as the sound - this will add the controls - hopefully that is enough.

New User

Status
    Thanks. I will ask one more question... what is the benifit of object to just using embed? That worked by the way. Nice little player.

New User

Status

Arrow Re: mpg basic controls

Your reply below is amazing. You must have a large heart to do this. I copied this
    code,it worked with my video clips,however,I would have preffered
    a code that enables those who visit my web to play the video,not the video playing automaticaly.
    Pls do you have a code for this.
    You're well appriciated.
    Iyke,NY

Quote Originally Posted by coreybryant View Post
    You can try this:
    Code:
    <object id="MediaPlayer" width=320 height=286
    classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
    standby="Loading Microsoft® Windows® Media Player components..."
    type="application/x-oleobject"
    codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112">
    <PARAM NAME="filename" VALUE="interview_fox_video.asx">
    <PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="true"> <PARAM NAME="showControls" VALUE="true">
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="true"> <PARAM NAME="Autorewind" VALUE="true">
    <PARAM NAME="ShowDisplay" VALUE="false"> 
      <EMBED SRC="interview_fox_video.asx" WIDTH=320 HEIGHT=286 type="application/x-mplayer2" name=MediaPlayer autostart=1 showcontrols=0 showstatusbar=1 autorewind=1 showdisplay=0>
    </EMBED></OBJECT>
    Replace the source (interview_fox_video.asx) in BOTH places to the path of your media.

As far as the sound - this will add the controls - hopefully that is enough.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: mpg basic controls

Find this part of the code
    Code:
    <PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="true">
    change true to false
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

New User

Status

Re: mpg basic controls

Quote Originally Posted by HTML View Post
    Find this part of the code
    Code:
    <PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="true">
    change true to false

Firstly I just wanted to say thanks for the code. I could kiss you I used this and it worked first time.

I would how ever also like to add that not only do you need to change the autostart value to false, the very last line of coding needs to be changed to a 0 (=false) i.e.

name=MediaPlayer autostart=0 showcontrols=1 showstatusbar=1 autorewind=1 showdisplay=0

Changing any of the control at the top of the code you will need to amend the last line of code as well.

The original code posted does not show the controls so by changing that to true and 1 respectively they appear and the veiwer can then pause, start, stop and rewind the video at will.

This looks like a great forum and I am sure I will be spending a lot of time here. Hope this has helped any other newbie