32 users online (1 members and 31 guests)  

Related

1. Replies: 3
  2. Replies: 5
  3. Replies: 2
  4. Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 7
    New User

Status

How do I give a url,, that will display my frame site, with a certain page loaded?

I have a pag made in frames.

I want to be able to give someone a url, that will goto my page, but, instead of the fefault page loading in the main frame, I want a certain page to load there.

How do I do this?

Status

Re: How do I give a url,, that will display my frame site, with a certain page loaded?

Quote Originally Posted by jtice
    I have a pag made in frames.

I want to be able to give someone a url, that will goto my page, but, instead of the fefault page loading in the main frame, I want a certain page to load there.

How do I do this?
    Not sure I understand....You want to be able to send people a url that will be displayed in the main frame of a frameset that you're writing? Sort of like designing a custom page for each different user of you're site? I don't think that it's possible with just HTML. You have to program in the url for you're own frameset.
    I'm not sure that it's impossible to do dynamically, but that's beyond my knowledge. Something analogous to "display my page and pop-up a text box to enter a specific url to be placed in frame="name" of this frameset and refresh the browser? Pretty complex in my mind, if it's even possible.
    Then again, I don't mind being proved wrong.

Status

Re: How do I give a url,, that will display my frame site, with a certain page loaded?

It's do-able with JavaScript. Try doing a search for a dynamic frames script. I'd look up the info for you myself, but I'm quite busy at my RL job right now.