56 users online (0 members and 56 guests)  

Thread: hosting

New User

Status

Post hosting

My company is starting to resell hosting services. What is a reasonable price? What services are you looking for; fast, asp, perl 5.x, telnet yada yada yada....

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Variety, too many places give thier potential customers only 3 or 4 package choices. I would also have to say stay away from the "unlimited bandwidth" gimmik. As far as what packages to offer I would research as many REPUTABLE hosting services and see what they offer. obviously the most important issues would include, but not be limited to, bandwidth, space, cgi/php/sql capabilities.

To give you an idea, I have 100mb space 20gigs transfer for 9.25 a month (I only consider these 2 things when comparing price)

I too would be very interested in feedback from others as I am working on a tool in which to enable webmasters to find the best host for thier needs.

good luck,

Dave

Administrator

Status

The one I just signed up for has -

10gig p/m, 50mb space. 100 pop3. php(yay!).CGI.Reasonable rates if bandwidth goes over.

All for 50 per year. (pounds, not dollars, my american friends)

------------------
    QuietDean-

allstarr

what would that be in $? haha. I haven't been on here in a while, my bro had a little accident and it's been a long recovery, so I havent had time for any type of web stuff. I'm just coming back, and I like gotta relearn some form stuff, etc.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Welcome back allstarr, hope everything is well with your brother.

Dave

Status
    Originally posted by Dave
    [B"unlimited bandwidth"[/B]
    Unlimited transfer, not bandwidth bandwidth is the amount of data can be sent at once, transfer is the amount (in GB) the host gives you a month

trust me, this is my strong point, and i plan to do something with my strong point.

Administrator

Status

Uh thanks Allyn.

Yes I know the definitions, but it is wiser to use the terms that he will encounter and put them in the context they will be used, rather than just try to show how smart I am

D
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting