72 users online (0 members and 72 guests)  

Thread: www.isphost.org

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
Digg button stumble
    New User

Status

Exclamation Re: www.isphost.org

actually, after reaming them...about 2-3 weeks later the basic framework of the site they promised is up...even a working email form...

I doubt I will see the "SEO" and all the other promised free services...not even sure if I will populate the website with any content at this point...

I still think this is a scam to sell supposed good hosting pakages>>>

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: www.isphost.org

You may post the craigslist link , either leave off the http://www or unclick the "parse links" box below where you enter your comments.

Sadly James is not a kid I am thinking he must be about 40 or 41 about now. As for the other names invloved, probably just James.

Dave
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Disabled

Status

Re: www.isphost.org Thank you

I emailed them like you recommended and after calling a few times and asking alot of questions.
    Well they did a very good job on my site for me. I was very pleased. For paying $5 a month for hosting on a cpanel server which includes all features and a free domain name. I got a complete web site designed within a week . Custom logo descent layout and they put the content on my site.. If they are scammers well they can scam me again because I am thrilled with my site.

It was this or pay 200 bucks plus domain and hosting fees.
    Last edited by bobbybo; 04-02-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: addition

Disabled

Status

Also Ive called them at least ten times.. they must have alot of people working there as I have talked to at least 5 of them.
    Very friendly and helpful designers that are newbies but the sites look ok. . Sorry I cant bash them with you guys.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Hey James, long time no see. No sense in giving reviews on yourself here. BTW your attempt to hide your IP address failed.

New User

Status

Question Re: www.isphost.org

I work at a small 501(c)(3) affordable housing and homelessness prevention non-profit. We have a functional webpage, but it's not the most attractive page in the world. We got some donated help from grassroots.org and from a young woman at Tufts (no disrespect to either of their design help; without them, we'd have no web presence at all), but are always on the look-out for volunteers to help us make our page nicer.

We saw an ad on craigslist.org from someone offering free web design for needy non-profit agencies. We immediately responded with a narrative describing who were are and what we do. When james@headwebmaster.com replied telling us that we had been selected, we were very excited. James explained that he runs web design classes, and that a student would be assigned to practice their skills with our page. The idea being that the student gets a low-pressure place to practice her skills, and we get free web design.

James gave me a list of instructions to get started, including choosing a style type from his website, coming up with a plan for our page(less than 10 pages), getting a domain name, and signing up for web hosting. He made a "recommendation" that we sign up with isphost.org as if he were unaffiliated with them. His exact text being, "All we need is web hosting. Sign up at www.isphost.org for any hosting plan. They run $5 to $7 per month . I would recommend the platinum package. It is a much better value for your money as you get twice as much for $2 more per month.

I'll let them know about you so they will send me all needed info and I'll forward it all to you.

We can use the domain name you currently own. We just need to change the name server to our host. Once you sign up for hosting at http://isphost.org , they will let me know what the new name server will be.

You can change the name server to our host yourself, or we can do it for you. I'll let them know about you so they will send me all needed info and 'Ill forward it all to you."

I replied with all the information he requested, and I told him that we already had a domain name and web hosting services at siteground.com. I told him that we had an MIT student who volunteered his tech services for a very low rate, and that I'd put them in touch to get the website up on our host once it was done. I didn't hear from James again for a week. I decided to google him to see if I could get a phone number to call his studio. That is when I ran across all the scam alerts.

He later sent me a response to my e-mail, "Did you ever get signed up for hosting ? You would need to host with isphost.org so we can build your site. The designers can not use your current hosting. Thanks James"

What I don't understand about this whole scam is the fact that he seems to actually run a business that provides a service (I could be wrong, the whole thing could be an attempt to get our credit card number, but I don't think so). So why scam so many people? Doesn't the bad publicity from trying to scam people HURT his business more than it helps? Couldn't he make real improvements in his business with all the time to post fake ads, write fake responses, post fake reviews, etc.?

Even though he was duplicitous, I get the feeling that he really would have designed a web page for us if we signed up for his hosting (of course, I am rather trusting). So why not just advertise on that? Why specifically target needy non-profits for scams?

Administrator

Status

Sorry to hear that you to fell victim to James Beckwith / isphost / headwebmaster. I would have thought with all the tears he shed over this thread, him calling me actually bawling after the sherrif showed up at his house, that he may try turning it around and act with morals and ethics.

Knowing he did this to you and your non-profit is not a surprise at all as he also tried to raise a fuss that my attorney and I were robbing people through our local Special Olympics site(a site which never rec'd a penny from ANYBODY and only dealt with payables, which for years was 100% out of my pocket).

Thank you for posting your experience. James Beckwith is a thief, the more people that tell the story the better.

New User

Status

Thanks all I dont even know what a HTML is but luckily a google search brought me to this forum.. I registered just to thank you all for preventing me from falling for the "Im a student will build the site for free to show up coming customers" scam that is on craigs list..

Where does a computerlly challenged person find someone to build a very small but effective web site??

Thanks for any help.
    Chuck.

Status

I am glad to hear that you did not fall for the scam as many people have been.

To answer your question:
    Quote Originally Posted by cck5915 View Post
    Where does a computerlly challenged person find someone to build a very small but effective web site??
    You can post a request in the Webmaster Classifieds on this site. Depending on what the purpose of the site is, you may be required to pay as well. It primarily will depend on your requirements.

If it is a simple site though, I recommend building it yourself and then asking for advice from others on improving it. While I tend to slap wrists for using visual editors for writing HTML, a good tool for beginning is 1stPage 2000. It will allow you to build the page without ever touching the HTML code.

New User

Status

[

Thanks I downloaded it which was an accomplishment in its self. I am going to try and understand how it works. It would be nothing short of a miracle if I was able to build it myself lol

Thanks again for the help
    Chuck.

Disabled

Status

David baileys last notice prior to being served.

Dave Bailey you have had this thread going now for over 4 years.
    You have removed over ten positive comments about isphost.org and you have tried to give merit to all the negative ones from people who didnt do business with them at all. You call it a S C A M
    dozens of times. With no reason or understanding.. Can you tell me what the scam is after 100 negative posts ?
    Is it giving away a basic web design for free ?
    Is it selling web hosting ? What is the scam exactly .. You never ever stated what it was. TELL US PLEASE..
    YOU CANT CAN YOU ?
    Im glad you have built this site up nicely over the last 10 years. I think you may be about to lose it though in a short and easy lawsuit. We have monitored and made copies of this post for over 4 years now.. Every modification and deletion and suspension has been duly recorded. The next ten years of this site will be promoting isphost.org fully. You are too much of a wimp to leave this post on here as you cannot answer the question... WHAT IS THE SCAM ? TELL ME PLEASE .. TELL US ALL ? you are guilty of slander dozens of times. you will not answer the question.. but the jury will see once again you were asked this question up front and would not answer it. Attorneys have been watching this for years. You will be served soon. Why dont you be honest and tell the truth.. you do not know of anything wrong with this do you ? All of your hosts you promote give away free domains.. is a free design an awful thing to do ? Why dont you grow up before you lose your entire ten year effort. This is your last chance to do the right thing I think this has gone on long enough. You will be served and you had better be able to answer this question of what the heck the scam is ? Isphost.org is an honest business with over 20 employees who work hard each day . They sell web hosting and web design and domains. Do you have some kind of problem with that..? You have an entire section dedicated to other hosts. They are big enough now to hire an army of attorneys to take this site from you as well as your home. Consider this your last notice David Bailey. Make the right choice or May will be an awful month for you and your family as you wonder why you were stupid running your business. I am going to sue you for millions of dollars which im sure you cannot pay . This site and your home will be on top of the list. Last Call Dave. I will see you in court soon. thanks for all the ammo.

Administrator

Status

No I will not remove your post James, why deprive the community of a laugh.

Disabled

Status

so whats up Dave are you not going to answer his question to you ?
    We all want to know what the scam is ?
    you dodged it nicely .. but can you answer it ?

Administrator

Status

I will not communicate again with you James. I have an attorney to do the talking for me if you choose to live up to your threats of the last several years. Actually anything less than an immediate lawsuit will show all what a fraud you are.

I invite yourt little suit, no, I beg for it.

Disabled

Status

so whats the big rip off ? Dave you dodge that question again didnt you ? Its obvious you cannot say what it is..
    we all find you amusing now..

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last