42 users online (1 members and 41 guests)  

Thread: www.isphost.org

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Disabled

Status

Dave bailey

after promoting this campaign of false accusations for 6 years and you obviously will not tell any of us what the scam is. you are obviously just full of crap Dave. You wont help your readers by informing us what the scam is ? are you just making it up ? its obvious at this point that you are just making it up and I think all of your site readers should take note. This site is run by a HUGE LIAR who attacks honest people for no good reason.
    You are a real class act Dave.
    Shame on you for being such a blatant jack ass
    people are working hard to get jobs and you spend all day trying to put them out of business with no reason whatsoever..

ASK DAVE WHAT THE SCAM IS EVERYONE... PLEASE.. HE WILL BAN YOU BUT MAYBE JUST MAYBE HELL ADMIT THERE ISNT ONE.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Re: www.isphost.org

Please follow through with your legal papers.
    AHFBWEB Less customers per server, more power for you!

Business Class Shared Hosting

Status

Just the front page of google results for isphost.org returned the following:

http://www.webhostingjury.com/reviews/ISPhost
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/isphostorg.html
    http://www.vistainter.com/reviews/I/isphost.org/
    http://www.blogherald.com/2007/03/28...-blogs-uptime/

While some of the reviews are positive, they appear suspicious to me. As for what the scam is, the only thing I have been able to determine from what I have read (primarily on other sites) is that you are unreliable, and make promises you can't keep. You have major issues with uptime, customer relations / support, and ontime delivery. I admit I have never done business with you in any way. But after what I have read (again primarily on other sites), I would not recommend your services to anyone for the above mentioned reasons. And until you can prove reliable uptime, customer satisfaction (including the sites they have hosted with you or were designed by you), my mind will not change.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Just to point out the ignorance of James and isphost, here is a link to him writing his own fraudulant reviews for himself http://www.webhostingstuff.com/comments/isphostorg-9417.html

How stupid do you have to be to sign your own name!!

scam

New User

Status

James Beckwith is definitely a scammer. This isn't even open for discussion. He posted an ad on craigslist advertising free website development so his students could create a portfolio for their final project. He must have said the word "FREE" about 20 times and emphasized no cost!

I went ahead and answered his ad just to see what his gimmick is. Told him that I already had my own website and that I had it hosted already. He immediately asked me to transfer the hosting to his server for $5 a month or his students couldn't work on it. His excuse was that his students couldn't use their "software" to create the site if it wasn't on their server.

1) Obviously he is false advertising if he requires you to pay $5 in order to receive his "free" service.

2) Any idiot web designer knows that you only need an FTP account in orde to transfer developed webpages to a site, you do NOT NEED TO HOST IT YOURSELF.

3) If James is not teaching his students simple html and FTP skills, then he has to be running the worst web development class in the world!

When I still politely told him that I did not want to transfer hosting because I hosted it myself, he immediately became beligerant with me and accused me of being lazy for not developing my own site. You know, exactly like I would expect a business owner to act lol. This guy is hilariously stupid and I dont understand how people like him can live with themselves!

In truth, I actually know quite a bit about web development so it was very entertaining to sit back and watch this guy completely make a total idiot out of himself by trying to explain something he didnt really understand lol.

Heed my words on this: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JAMES BECKWITH. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST AND WILL CON YOU OUT OF MONEY.

New User

Status

I want to retract my previous post about James Beckwith. He & I talked it out and he seems to be sincere. He did make me very angry and I believe I may have posted the above post way too soon because of it. He has explained everything to me and seems very sincere in his company. While I cannot delete my previous post, I would like to once again take back what I posted about him.

Administrator

Status

I am too familiar with his threats, I understand if you were forced to give in.

New User

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jthayne View Post
    If it is a simple site though, I recommend building it yourself and then asking for advice from others on improving it. While I tend to slap wrists for using visual editors for writing HTML, a good tool for beginning is It will allow you to build the page without ever touching the HTML code.
    Old forum, but thought it would be interesting to ask. What is wrong with visual editors? Is it because people use them to create the whole webpage and never learn the HTML? I use them to build my code but mainly I am stuck at the coding screen modifying the contents. I guess they are not 100% bad if you can use them as a helping tool I guess. :-)

New User

Status

Now, I thought it also would be funny to comment on this situation.

I have to say it was tempting for someone to make me a page and me not do any work. :-) Lazy.

I fell for the Craigslist ad. I gave my information and got the famous reply back about signing up for webhosting. This guy is predictable.

I honestly do have a home based server that runs Win2k3. I wont allow FTP access because it is turned off atm. So when he asked for me to sign up for webhosting, I advised I do not need to. He was surprised to know I run a webserver at home.

I guess I wont be having kiddies make the website for me with the cheap design template. lol.

--------------------------------------------
    "You have your own server at your house ?

james

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 12:23 PM
    To: James
    Subject: RE: your webpages / site built for free

I have a server running Windows 2003. I shouldn't need to sign up for webhosting.

-------- Original Message --------
    Date: Mon, June 22, 2009 11:07 am
    To: "'Josh'" <Joshtech@rmafia.com>

Great choice. I can set your site up with that background and get your domain name set up for you, along with the site design of course.

All we need is web hosting and that free domain name that comes with it. Sign up at

www.isphost.org for any hosting plan. They run $5 to $7 per month . I would recommend the platinum package. It is a much better value for your money as you get twice as much for $2 more per month.

I’ll let them know about you so they will send me all needed info and I’ll forward it all to you.

Thanks again we can have the site online in about a week, along with the logo and links and pages. We will be sending you a form to fill out, telling us about your pages, after we get confirmation from the host.

Just email me back when you are done with hosting so we can get going with your site.

Thanks,

James

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 10:55 AM
    To: James

1. Coffeeinacup.com

2. http://headwebmaster.com/set3/lay971.jpg

3. Emailing you back.

-------- Original Message --------
    Date: Mon, June 22, 2009 9:21 am
    To: "'Josh'" <Joshtech@--->

IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR FREE DESIGN PROGRAM YOU MUST TELL ME ABOUT IT WITHIN 3 DAYS.

Hello, Thank you for your email. I am James Beckwith of Headwebmaster design studios. I am supervising our advanced web site design students as they begin the final stage of education. This includes building a web site portfolio that the students will use to show future clients and employers a sampling of they're web design skills.. They posted a few free ads offering a free web site design and I will accept 5 new web sites (per student) for free site design.

Whenever we run this program it usually fills up fast. It sounds like your project may be within our limitations. Take a look at the limitations below as we had to set some limits on how big a site can be.

Site must be no more than 10 pages in size.

(example.. home, about us, contact, services, products, )

We will build you up to ten pages and if you want or need more you can add as many as you wish once we are finished. (we will show you how)

We build you a custom logo or you can use a logo that you already have.

We can add a blog, forum, guestbook, shopping cart to your website.

We build custom link bars so your users can navigate your web site.

We build contact forms that your sites visitors can submit the form to you. (results come via email)

We will add your text (which you must author) to your web pages and we will also add pictures (or add ones that you provide)

We optimize your site for the search engines for best ranking.

You can choose from over 300 background styles to give your site a clean professional look.

(we can change colors on any of them)

Yes we will build it for free during this project.

There are no catches no hidden costs or other design expenses. The only expense for owning a site is the cost of web hosting for the site to keep it live and on the internet. This is $5 to $7 a month and that includes a free domain name registration. (of any available domain name) Email services are included with web hosting and so is your site visitor statistics and many more useful free extras. Web hosting has no hidden fees either.

THERE ARE PRICES ON OUR WEBSITE.. IGNORE THEM PLEASE. YOUR DESIGN IS FREE IF WE ACCEPT YOUR PROJECT.

To get started with our free web design program you must do 3 things.

#1 Pick out an available domain name. (or we can use one you already own)

You can search for an available domain name at http://headwebmaster.com

#2 Pick out a background style # for your new website.

We have over 300 background styles on display at http://headwebmaster.com

(on the left menu click on the background to view larger sizes.)

#3 Email me back with your domain name selection and your background style # so we can get it started.

Then we will get started building your website getting the domain name and backgrounds online.

You will be asked to complete a form with all the details of your new site. Which includes # of pages and names / themes of those pages. On this form you will tell us if you want shopping carts , blogs, logo selections, color changes to your background and more.

You will then submit any text or pics that you wish to have on your new website.

And you will then get a phone call or email from your designer telling you of its completion and offer to make any changes that you require.

The whole process takes 4-7 days to complete. And your new site will be on the Internet.

Im sure you will enjoy your new professional web site. You will be able to enjoy all of the benefits of having your own business online. Feel free to email me back with any questions I am always available via email. Or you can call me Monday thru Friday 10 AM to 4 PM My contact information is below.

James Beckwith

Headwebmaster

540 E Horatio ave

Maitland FL 32751

1-321-972-6837

Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 10:04 PM
    To: sale-cuh9v-1233021210@craigslist.org
    Subject: your webpages / site built for free

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
    ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
    ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
    ** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Nice offer. IS there a catch?

blah blah blah...my explaination.

Is this something you can do for free?

this message was remailed to you via: sale-cuh9v-1233021210@craigslist.org"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by joshtech View Post
    Old forum, but thought it would be interesting to ask. What is wrong with visual editors? Is it because people use them to create the whole webpage and never learn the HTML? I use them to build my code but mainly I am stuck at the coding screen modifying the contents. I guess they are not 100% bad if you can use them as a helping tool I guess. :-)
    The problem with visual editors (WYSIWYG) is that they have a HUGE tendency to add in extra code that is not needed for the page to run. Many of them also do not adhere to standards in the industry. The other problem is that most of them create HTML code with only one browser in mind.

I agree that they are not 100% bad. They are great learning tools, and as long as you are actually learning the HTML so that you can edit later (say on a computer that you don't have the editor installed on) and still have it look good, then go right ahead. Just be aware of the possible issues with just using the visual editor.

New User

Status

Yes, I very much agree. They do add a lot of code now that you talk about it. I just go and keep what I need and delete the rest. I am so use to doing it, I don't think much about it anymore.

New User

Status

lol this guy (James) is mad at me for posting comments about him on here. What is fun is reading over the old posts and finding out he does the same thing and makes threats and all that good stuff. I really was toying with him to get him to bite the bait and he took.

I love scammers and love to have fun with them.

Let's see what he has to say about this. The smart thing would be for him to stop emailing me. :-)

New User

Status

I received an e-mail, and a voice mail from James today. Apparently he is still up to the same tricks.

Apparently he doesn't like the fact that I am in the process of having all of his spam removed from CraigsList. I get bored at night, so I surf CraigsList ro remove the post that just don't belong there. Such as his.

Below is the e-mail he sent me. If I could post the voice mail, I would, but it is very threating. Lots of 4 letter words.

---------------------------------

To: sales@southernsharpening.com
    Cc:
    Subject: Stupid retard

Hey Retard..you didn’t take any ads off craigslist… what you did is acted like a punk hacker and left behind all your personal information..

Would you like to play some hardball now ? You just decided to challenge some professional webmasters...

Ill let your family know what you did and why there is so many problems with your business.

Take care you stupid stupid Man. Your business and personal reputation is destroyed at this point.

Nice Job Dick I also have your entire familys info and all your friends info..

MMm when should I start contacting..

-------------------------------

After this he added my business contact information.

He must feel pretty proud of himself to find information that is avalible to the public.

Richard

New User

Status

I got taken for a ride on this rollercoaster in May of last year. These guys get you to sign up for what seems to be a great deal, then basically don't do anything but take your money. Feel free to contact me if you have questions about using them, I am not here to spam or talk crap about anyone, but would like to prevent others from getting something other than what they think they're paying for.

Mike

New User

Status

Exclamation Re: www.isphost.org

we are a brand new start up non-profit and James found us on craigslist. He gave me the same sales pitch as illustrated above, and I fell for it. Now, when I say we are brand new, I mean we are BRAND NEW. We had just opened a bank account and I only had one other transaction before submitting payment over the phone via debit card. Nothing happened for a few weeks...I emailed my logo and godaddy password like they requested...still nothing. Then I get a call from my bank telling me that we are overdrawn and there are 4 charges that I didn't authorize. I'm not accusing anyone of anything; BUT the only time my card left my wallet was for the first transaction and then my transaction with headwebmaster.com...unless the bank had a major breach in security, I'm pretty sure I know the one other person who would have had the debit card number. Of course a claim was filed and is currently under criminal investigation...but this may be more than just a "let me host your website and make a bunch of bunk promises" kind of scam.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last