42 users online (1 members and 41 guests)  

Thread: Free Promotion?

New User

Status

Free Promotion?

Are there any good free web promotion out there? I've tried Add Me, but I dunno if it works or not (cuz it doesn't really tell u......)

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    I am not familiar with addme, am I correct to assume this is some SE submission software?

New User

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    I am not familiar with addme, am I correct to assume this is some SE submission software?
    Ya

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    let me guess they submit you to 1000s of search engines

guess #2, you are wondering why you are all of a sudden getting tons of spam.

Yes, we have all been there before. The best thing you can do is submit them yourself. Begin with submitting to DMOZ, GoGuides and Zeal. Submitting to google does little good, they will find you. Next step is the pay per * search engines, inktomi, yahoo etc.

Dave

Status
    I've found http://spider-food.net to be a lot of help with this.
    Last edited by HTML; 03-20-2007 at 12:52 PM.

New User

Status

Arrow free promotion? banner exchanges

Hi everyone.
    I just surfed into this thread from Google and decided to register!

Dave makes great points about SE submission.

Other free promotion techniques include Banner Exchanges which place free graphic ads for your site on other targeted websites that match your websites audience. It is essentially a group trading system.

Here are some to look at:

http://1800banners.com
    http://linkexchange.com

Good luck,

Mark
    Last edited by HTML; 03-20-2007 at 12:53 PM.

New User

Status
    Another great way to get free promotion is to write articles and submit them to websites and article directories.

I have gotten tons of visitors this way. Plus, it gives you a free permanent link back to your site.

Status
    Great suggestion, Trent. While writing and getting articles published doesn't involve a cash outlay, it's generally far from free due to the time involved. However, as you mention, it's a great way to gain increased inbound links to your site, which will both generate qualified traffic from people who read your article, then decided to click through to your site, and from higher rankings in search engines caused by the additional inbound links.

With most free search engine submission and marketing programs, you get what you pay for. In fact, there isn't even a need to submit to most major search engines, because their robots will automatically find your site. That's why it's more important to focus your attention on ranking high for relevant search terms, which has more to do with strategies like the one Trent outlined.

New User

Status
    I Have tried all the free SEO's and they all say that my site is up to par but yet I am not able to get anywhere on the search engines. How long does it usually take. Can you take a look and tell me if you see anything wrong with my site. When i run the spider simulator it says it is spider freindly. Also how do you know when your site has been spidered? I am currently using direct admin for my hosting control panel.
    Thanks to all in advance I look forward to your opinions.

Administrator

Status

Please start your own thread in the appropriate forum.