42 users online (0 members and 42 guests)  

Related

1. Script Help - Availability    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. how do i do this font?    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Font Size/Font Face    Forum: CSS Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Font Size/Font Face    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Exclamation Site Font Availability

Dave,

Got a problem, I've built a rather unusual site of a 'Matrix' kinda genre with different fonts etc than normally used.

My problem is, only those with the particular font are seeing the pages as intended, everyone else is getting a default 'times new roman/serrif' font show instead, so, my question is, how do I make joe average surfing on in, see the font used on the pages/tables without having to send the particular font out or place a link on the website for download? I have a feeling there is a tagline that can be used, but in my searches I've not found or come up with anything.

Oh..its a .TTF too if that helps.

Please help, I'd love our site to be seen as intended and not just how a default font makes it look.

Thanks heaps for your time,

Kelty Kenney

Ps, I know you from the TXChatters board, after a shout out for requests for your site addy/email address, Peachie passed it along.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Unfortunately this is true with any and all fonts, If the individual user does not have the designated font on his/her computer then it will default. However there is a compromise solution to this problem.

when typing your font tag you may have as many fonts as you desire listed.
    EXAMPLE:
    font face="your font,arial,verdana"

In this example the machine will first search for "your font". If it is not located it will search for the "arial" font, and so on down the line.

This gives you the ability to say ,if the user does not have font "a" use font "b", if it does not have font "b" use font "c"

It is a good idea to make "b" & "c" something you are more apt to find in windows, rather than some obscure font.

Dave

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

Also, just so you know, the link yo your page from your profile does not work

Dave

New User

Status

[quote]Originally posted by Dave:
    [b]Also, just so you know, the link to your page from your profile does not work

Thanks for the info, though I don't have time to change the HTML source on all the pages just yet, I will eventually give it a go.

As for URL in my profile... thats totally typical of me. I'll cut and paste straight in from the site this time instead of freehanding it.

Thanks once again for your help.

Kelty Kenney
    Last edited by HTML; 03-07-2007 at 11:17 PM.