36 users online (0 members and 36 guests)  

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Related

1. Commission Junction    Forum: Affiliate Marketing and Reseller Programs
    Replies: 32
  2. Commission Junction payment for December    Forum: Affiliate Marketing and Reseller Programs
    Replies: 5
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

lol yeah I know who ya mean.

You know I am an upfront guy, and can be the nicest guy around, but you know that person changed his attitude real quick when he ripped me off, as have others had a change of attitude after rippng me off.

Fortunately the person you are refering to is young and able to change his ways. Lex Sisney is not a child and has to be dealt with a little more harshly.

That person also knows he could not ban me from his forums no matter how hard he tried. Lex is finding this out now

D
    Last edited by HTML; 09-10-2003 at 06:12 PM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

I dont know if I should laugh or cry, here is the latest communication from Lex

What happened? Our payroll script excluded advertisers that requested termination of their contract in June but that also had a positive escrow balance. We estimate that this has negatively impacted about 20% of publishers expecting payment this month. We are now preparing to re-run our payroll script to include these transactions. This is a big script and we hope to have it all completed by this Saturday. Unfortunately, this means that payment will be delayed by approximately three days for all of our publishers. I regret the inconvenience this causes you but I'm glad that our community so “vocally” informed us of the mistake. If your account was affected by extended transactions, you should see an accurate payment balance this weekend.

Regards,

Lex
    --------
    Hey don't get me wrong I am grateful that we will all be getting our money, this is what I fought for. But this is only part of the fight, the other part was lost. I am speaking of truth, that is something that is yet to be reached.

ok we got money, who is throwing the party?

Dave
    looking out for the little guy since 1999
    Last edited by HTML; 09-10-2003 at 06:12 PM.

Status

glad that's over, didn't want it turning into another you-know-who.

that's what i get for spending the day fiddling with linux and not paying attension to this forum, a lot of missed stuff

------------------
    Allyn -

Administrator

Status

wow lex, dont you think you should be spending your time coming up with more lies? You sure seem to be spending alot of time here lately.

D

Status

Talking

Time Zones.
    Geez, while I'm asleep you go and get banned at the cj forums, Lex comes up with a new story, and my 9,7, and 4 1/2 year olds can't figure out what is wrong with "what are you afraid of".
    And the chile rellanos were great.

Keep going, Dave.

------------------
    webmistress
    Last edited by HTML; 09-10-2003 at 06:13 PM.

allstarr

wow...looks like I missed a lot. Dave, thanks for being so vocal, haha. I bet got him paying the money quicker than he would have.

Administrator

Status

Yes, I got my money pretty fast, and have for the most part quit promoting any of CJ affiliates. I have been present in the forums, was banned again today, but I am back again with a forth name.

I have come across 3 new programs that I am very impressed with, unfortunately the are new so as of yet are somewhat limited on advertisers. It will not be long though before atleast 2 of these become VERY well known.

Dave

Administrator

Status

CJ is becoming worse everyday If you want to get an idea of the games being played over there you may take a look here http://www.cju.infopop.com

I mentioned in a previous post I am removing ALL Commission Junction links. See the problem goes much furthur than the extensions they pulled last month, MANY MANY affiliates are reporting leads/sales are NOT BEING TRACKED. I myself can say that my earnings were $0.00 for the month of July. HEY, I HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS SERVER!

The 2 programs I mentioned earlier will be the new leaders in the industry. These programs are Fineclicks and Affiliate Fuel. Neither of the owners of these programs are new to this business. Both Chet and Paul have both operated other programs in the past, both of which were subsequently aquired by another network, which I would NOT reccommend. They both moved to be with the new network, and after the network developed its own problems they decided to do what they do best, build successful programs from the ground up. Besides all of the great things I have found in my extensive research concerning these guys, I have also had first hand experience in dealing with Affiliate Fuel and Fineclicks. Although both have great websites and easy to use interfaces with great detailed statistics I have still found myself emailing both Chet and Paul, both giving replies within 5 to 20 minutes at the very MOST. Maybe I am lucky I dont know, but this is the kind of customer service that I need and require. This is something that CJ not only is unable to give but unwilling to give.

I would also like to comment on the quality of ads that each have. While I do find them somewhat limited on quantity, there is still many advertisers for the more professional site as well as great R.O.N. type ads for sites that are newer or maybe not too targeted.

Take a look for yourself, you are bound to find some great advertisers for your website also.

Dave

Administrator

Status

Webmistress,
    Thanks for the trillian info, would you like to post your referal link.

I would like to touch on something you said, Although you are correct, if a merchant is going to cheat it can happen thru merchant programs or in a 1 on 1 relationship. I would still much rather go thru a program which consolidates checks. In a 1 on 1 realtionship it can sometimes take much longer to build up an account enough to find out that no check is coming, where as with a merchant program that consolidates, you will generally find out in the first month.

just my thoughts

Dave
    Last edited by HTML; 09-10-2003 at 06:00 PM.

Status

Interestingly, CJU is down right now.

I switched one sales page to amazon links for a non-book product (not on VI), and have already seen sales. Makes me more suspicious of the tracking.

Problem with Affiliate Fuel and Fine Clicks is a serious lack of sales programs. I've decided that third party tracking has no real advantages other than a consolidated check, so I'm starting to do searches and sign up with in-house affiliate programs for VI. I figure, if a merchant is a crook, they will be a crook alone or through the third party tracking. I can still drop 'em.

You might want to check out Trillian.com for some products to sell. I already sold a Submission Wolf. At fineclicks, you only get paid per lead. If you sell throught Trillian's affil program you get %sale. I get decent amount of traffic to my free button image page, so I've got links to their product there. Originally they contacted me about putting up links on my FTP page, but I haven't gotten to that yet!

Anyway, time to start looking into other options besides cj.

later,

------------------
    webmistress

Status

Wink

Not a two-tiered program, so head on over to Trellian.com. Stat interface isn't so great, but I can't argue with $17.50 in sales commish when I've been with them only a couple of weeks. We'll see if they pay...

I agree that the ideal would be a consolidated check, but since I've been putting up sales pages, I see that one can reach the minimum much more quickly than with pay per lead programs. As I mentioned on the cj boards, I had (another) cj merchant who never converted, so I replaced the links with amazon.com product links and low and behold, sales are FAR more impressive than the non-converter. I am confident that we will make the minimum payment by the end of the quarter. Yes, quarterly payment kinda ****s, and 5% isn't much. But it sure beats nothing from the cj merchant I was marketing.

I've even begun two Linksnare merchant pages. One to replace a cj merchant who changed their site and I've had no conversions since they changed their site design (and who would buy from someone with script error messages on their home page, and a FLASH app for a simple text banner mouseover?). If it doesn't go well, I'll drop them.

CJU still down. Heh,heh, I wonder if cj got too much coverage of the problems...

------------------
    webmistress

Administrator

Status

looks like maybe a D.O.S. attack on CJ.

What is the deal with the posting rights? I have been banned since friday a.m. and have not made any attempts. I am busy doing all the stuff I have put off for the last 3 months.

...yall will like it
    Last edited by HTML; 09-10-2003 at 06:10 PM.

Status

Well, I can reach it if I go in directly at infopoop, but it's slow as molasses. Everyone is talking attack. The boards were changed, and I think that incredibly useful thread about amazon was yanked. Hehehe, your little note to me was still there.

Just spent too many hours working on amazon links. Time to check out that Anaconda script and other stuff.

later,

------------------
    webmistress

Administrator

Status

It is amazing the steps they are taking to hush the public voices. Sure makes you wonder what they are scared of.

If you would like to post a message telling people to come here and discuss CJ, feel free to. We already know that this is a venue that Lex visits on a regular basis(yes I still see him here quite often checking what is being said about him) He cannot ban anybody here, nor can he delete posts. He can just read them and cry

Let them know registration is not needed, and I will allow any CJ discussion to go COMPLETELY unmoderated. I think it is time for a party...lol

This is the email I sent which I believe is the resons for the changes (in combination with his inability to ban me). I also made this post to the CJ forum it was immediatly deleted.

This is what puts fear into Lex, the challange to discuss the issues.
    _______

TEAM CJ

Please inform Lex that if he really wishes to ban me from your forums, That
    I invite him to debate the issues with me on HIS VERY OWN TURF the cj forums.
    If he wins I leave, if I win I stay. If he decides not to do this I stay anyway.

I informed Angie after a recent ban that it woud do no good, I would continue
    to spread the truth on the CJ forums. At this point she/Lex decided the
    only way to ban me was thru my ip address. I would like again to state that
    I cannot be banned you are wasting your time trying to ban me.

I also would like for a moment to speak on the first attempt at banning
    me. This was done after the faulty extensions of last month. At first I
    made an attempt to bring this issue to CJ thru mature and professional means,
    I was ignored and hung up on. Seeing how this was ineffective, and the treatment
    that I received I bacame a little nastier. I am sure that Lex would have
    handled it the very same way upon receiving such treatment from a company.
    After several posts from several CJ employees and Lex himself all of which
    were contradicting one another, Lex came out and said it was a "software
    issue". This would have been great, if not for the repeated denials of ANY
    problem and the resulting banning of myself. It was the desire to see the
    right thing done and the denials of CJ that resulted in this banning. In
    otherwords, If CJ would have listened to myself and other affiliates rather
    than a misplaced ego the problem would have been solved, I WOULD NOT HAVE
    HAD TO GET MYSELF BANNED TO GET THE POINT ACCROSS, and CJ would have a little
    more credibility which it could seriously use at this point.

I asked Lex for an apology and to be reinstated with full posting rights,
    this was ignored. I ask, if it was truly a "software error" and I and other
    publishers brought it to your attention do I not deserve to be "un-banned",
    or was this another instance of misplaced ego?
    Dave Bailey
    AHFB2000.com

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 08-05-2001).]
    Last edited by HTML; 09-10-2003 at 06:20 PM.

Status

Cool

I had nary the patience to wait for anything to load...it was reaallllllllllllllllllllly slow. I think that either cj is behind on their openTopic payments (do you know how much a board like that costs per month, and if you underestimate the amount of traffic...whooohooo you pay through da nose for extra "units"), or someone indeed hacked CJU. CJ chopped the number of topics down also, so I suspect the OT overtime.

I'll post something there if it loads in a normal amount of time soon. Someone else, I forget who, also opened a board inviting folks to talk about what is going on.

In the meantime, back to HTML!!!

bwahahaha,

------------------
    webmistress

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last