31 users online (1 members and 30 guests)  

New User

Status

advertmarket.com

www.advertmarket.com is a new advertising network. The concept is great and simple but because they are new there isn't much activity yet. Let me know what you guys think about it and if you would use it.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Genjamin
    www.advertmarket.com is a new advertising network. The concept is great and simple but because they are new there isn't much activity yet. Let me know what you guys think about it and if you would use it.

As you said they are new, domain registered in August, opened somewhere around October 9 (3 weeks ago), so that limits the research that could/should be done. Hampering the research possibilities even furthur is the actual website, I know nothing more about them after viewing the site than I did after reading your post. I hoped after signing up(hated to do that) I would find a terms of service, nothing at all. phone number? address? privacy?

Dave

New User

Status
    I will not use it

New User

Status
    neither will I, I went there and it wasn't all that user friendly. nice looking site though...

as Dave said there isn't enough information given up at first to even think about investing time into.

New User

Status
    I used the service when it was first launched, but quickly removed the source code when the ads ran their course because I noticed the AdvertMarket banner ran in the rotation with the other banners. Now, I never saw that mentioned anywhere on the site and I wouldn't have mind leaving it there, but I felt that was a bit unethical when I specifically clicked "Leave the space empty when there are no advertisers available."

Honestly, I have my own in-house advertising setup and thought Advertmarket would be a good way to reach a different market. I removed the code until I could contact tech support. Instead, support contacted me with a very snippy "we noticed our code is no longer on your site" email. It was very short and very unprofessional. I just ignored it. This was during the summer.

Then, a few days ago. I received this email:

Hello,
    Your AdCode dosen\'t appear to be on your page any longer. It would be wise to put the code back up so that we can sell your adspace. We are launching a large marketing campaign on friday.

Jonathan Almarez

Well, I don't much like being TOLD to do anything. They seem to be a bit pushy for my taste.

I give AdvertMarket a big fat F. If anyone knows of any other services like these, please advise. I know there was one launched a couple of years ago, but I can't remember the name. It's very popular.

Genia V. Stevens

New User

Status

Arrow misconception

Genia must have a misconception of the services that we provide at AdvertMarket. In no way do we take from our publishers. We will only place our ads on an adspace only if we purchase the adspace for the amount that the publisher specified. So in short, we use AdvertMarket to place banners on websites that use our service. Genia did not realize that each time that our ad appeared on her adspace we were purchasing the space and she was earning money according to the price that she expected.

Please contact us if you have any questions. We are always working for the betterment of our publishers and advertisers.

- AdvertMarket Team

New User

Status
    I never said you were stealing ad space. I said you placed your ad on my site when you were specifically told not to. THAT is pushy. I don't care if you're paying for it. I have the right to refuse advertisers -- even if you are paying for it. Why offer me the option to leave the adspace empty if you're going to take it upon yourself to throw your ad on my site anyway? I never gave you permission to run your banner in my rotation.

Pleas re-read my post. You are just as pushy as I claimed you were. You get an F.