36 users online (2 members and 34 guests)  

Thread: Website music

Related

1. Replies: 1
  2. Im looking to build or purchase a music website    Forum: Websites For Sale
    Replies: 2
  3. Website Music    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 4
  4. Website Music    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

Website music

anyone know any good rock/metal songs with no words for my website?

Status
    1. Q107 in Toronto used to have a program from 6-7 PM every night called "The Rock Report" (with John Derringer and Bob Makowitz) and I always loved their theme music. This was the day's long before the internet, so it was an adventure to find (and buy) the music. It was "Surfing with the Alien" by Joe Satriani. Great rock guitar and a really good rock instrumental album..
    2. A little softer (but still a great tune) is The Eagles "Journey of the Sorcerer" (also known as the theme from "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy).
    3. Another one springs to mind: Deep Purple Live at the Royal Albert Hall has some pretty good rock instrumental passages.
    4. Oh, and another: I think there are some good instrumental work on "Rick Wakeman and the English Rock Ensemble's No Earthly Connection.
    5. Oh, how could I forget: Max Webster's "Moon Voices"
    See if you could get a listen to all of these!
    I'll try to think of more...........
    Good music.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    think copyright

Status
    What about midi format?

http://addagirl.com/midi.htm

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma
    What about midi format?
    Doesn't matter.....you should get permission to use it.
    Copyright is a valid issue here. It doesn't matter what format.
    (Think photocopy: some copy shops absolutely refuse to let you photocopy anything that they know is copyrighted material, and rightfully so.)
    I remember my college days seeing people photocopying text-books. Reams of paper going to bad reproductions. Still copyright infringement, though.

New User

Status
    i want it to be simular to this site: http://www.peoplesclan.cjb.net with the music starting when you enter the page and a button which will let you switch it off. can i do this on fp?

Status

Talking

I don't use FP, but this is from the "HELP" menu in FP2000:
    Set a background sound for a page
    by Microsoft
    You can set a background sound for a page. When a site visitor opens the page, the sound is played. You can play the sound continuously, or play it a specified number of times.

Note This feature is not supported by all Web browsers.

1. In Page view, right-click the page, and then click Page Properties on the shortcut menu.
    2. On the General tab under Background sound, in the Location box, type the sound file you want to play, or click Browse to locate the file.
    3. To play the sound continuously, select the Forever checkbox.
    4. To play the sound a fixed number of times, clear the Forever checkbox, and enter the number of times you want the sound to play in the Loop box.
    Again, watch the copyright issues.

New User

Status
    it wont let me choose mp3's. only audio files i.e wave files. also i wanted to be able to stop the song if the user wanted to using a button.is that possible?