50 users online (0 members and 50 guests)  

Related

1. question about targeting frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Replies: 4
  3. targeting links on frames    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. ftp problems    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
    New User

Status

targeting problems....

Hi,

I am using HTML in combination with PLSQL for my web site. I am new to this, so please if you could help me it would be great...

I have created a simple frameset like:

htp.print('<FRAMESET ROWS="20%,80%" FRAMEBORDER="2" BORDER="3" FRAMESPACING="0">');
    Htp.print('<FRAME NAME="TOP" SRC="'||f_host||'top" SCROLLING=auto>');
    htp.print('<FRAMESET COLS="20%,80%" FRAMEBORDER="1" BORDER="2" FRAMESPACING="1">');
    htp.print('<FRAME NAME="left" SRC="'||f_host||'menu" SCROLLING=auto>');
    htp.print('<FRAME NAME="right" SCROLLING=auto>');
    htp.print('</FRAMESET>');
    htp.print('</FRAMESET>');
    htp.print('</HTML>');

then i use on the left frame a "menu" where i set the target for each of the options to be the "right" frame:

htp.print('<TR><TD><A HREF="'||f_host||'intro" TARGET="right"> Introduction</A></TD></TR>');
    htp.print('<TR><TD><A HREF="http://www.iwm.org.uk" TARGET="right"> Imperial War Museum</A></TD></TR>');
    htp.print('<TR><TD><A HREF="'||f_host||'forms" TARGET="right"> Find a memorial!</A></TD></TR>');

But it wouldn t load the new pages into the target frame...can you figure out why???
    thank you
    dimi

Status

Talking

Are you getting just a blank frame? Or are you getting a "Page not found" error? I don't know any SQL, but knowing whatever result you're getting will help the troubleshooting.
    Also, I'm pretty sure that BORDER="3" FRAMESPACING="0" aren't valid frameset attributes, (the valid attributes are frameborder, longdesc, marginheight, marginwidth, name, noresize, src, and scrolling) and the only values for FRAMEBORDER is "1" for yes and "0" for no.
    If your Doctype is XHTML 1.0 Frameset DTD, then you also have id, class, title,and style. You could probably style the frameset the way you want with CSS. I've never seen it done.

New User

Status
    It loads the new pages into the same frame (left) where the "menu" exists. It seems to just ignore the target command...

Administrator

Status
    Dont know ifn this will work, but try adding a src page to your 'right' frame. Maybe load a blank page or something.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status
    I havent used multiple frames for awhile, but I do utilize Iframes a lot. I've always made my frame names something like "right_frame", "a_frame", etc., then my link target would be .... target="right_frame", target="a_frame", and so forth. Might be worth trying.