52 users online (1 members and 51 guests)  

Thread: Web hosts...

Related

1. Time limit by web hosts:    Forum: Web Hosting Forum
    Replies: 21
    New User

Status

Angry Web hosts...

Hello there...

I've been looking around for a host and unfortunately, although i've been searching for over a day, I can't decide which on of the following five is the best... could I please get your opinion on this:

I'm trying to decide between these five web hosts:

iPowerWeb
    Powweb
    LunarPages
    Infinology

I've read both good and bad comments and reviews about all of these except for LunarPages, which seems to be liked by everyone... still, i'd like to know what you think...

thanks,

Aris
    Last edited by Aris; 10-31-2003 at 09:00 PM.

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    My own research also leads me to lunarpages. What few problems I have seen folks have, I have watched lunarpages handle both quick and professionally.

Though I have not used them personally, if I had a problem with either of my hosts, lunarpages is where I would end up.

Most of your list would never make my host directory, 1 has but I have not given a very rave review.

You can find out more about lunarpages web hosting and their host plans here
    http://www.ahfb2000.com/webhost/Lunarpages.php

Disclaimer: I am an affiliate of lunarpages as well as the one which got the poor review. The host I mentioned that got the poor review actually pays more, proof you cannot buy a good review

Dave
    Last edited by HTML; 03-23-2009 at 04:16 PM.

New User

Status
    ok, I hear what you're saying and I did read your other post, so I know what you're talking about. The thing is that Lunar Pages does not give as much as the others... I mean, 20 gigs of bandwidth is pretty low, especially when you have downloads etc. And even without downloads, a user that will look around in my page will use a minimum of 300Kbs. Do you have any other host to recommend apart from Lunar pages?

thanks,

Aris

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Aris
    ok, I hear what you're saying and I did read your other post, so I know what you're talking about. The thing is that Lunar Pages does not give as much as the others... I mean, 20 gigs of bandwidth is pretty low, especially when you have downloads etc. And even without downloads, a user that will look around in my page will use a minimum of 300Kbs. Do you have any other host to recommend apart from Lunar pages?

thanks,

Aris

How much bandwidth do you believe you will need, disc space? 20 gigs would probably cover 98% of websites, we use about 8 here with 100,000 visitors a month, of course we are not a download site

oh ...and what is your budget?

Dave

Status
    I'd second the recommendation for Lunarpages. They have a pretty good reputation at http://webhostingtalk.com

New User

Status
    I love http://webhostingtalk.com

New User

Status
    Hi every one,

I am very much impressed about they say"Customer sevice is the main focus" of the business.My personal feeling is that LUNARPAGES hosting company is doing a great job.

Entirely the business base is on customer focus.One can tell that the oraganisation with the goal can always produce good out comes.

cheers
    jairam

Administrator

Status
    Welcome to the forum jairam , by the way
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

New User

Status

Bad experience with Ipowerweb

I had a really really bad experience with ipowerweb. This forum is too short to describe the problems I had with them. I advise you not to start with them. They deleted all my files by mistake and gave the server to someone else, because of a billing mistake that they did. I am now waiting 5 days that they answer to me and at least I get a refund for the money I paid ($250) but they would not answer. It is the most stupid company.

Disabled

Status

Re: Web hosts...

Hi!
    There are websites that can help you with that like ********************.com
    It help me to chose. Here is a good hosting company ********************.com/re/2005powweb/

New User

Status

I am not Familiar with Lunarpages but what you need to find out is what kind of support do they offer.

Phone or chat support are the two i always look for plus i'd prefer to have the person on the other end someplace in north America. I'm not too crazy when i have to talk to somebody in China or India.
    What type of control panel do they offer. I have found that Cpanel is the best and offers the most features.

New User

Status

Hi aris I think you have a good line-up of web hosts there. In all honesty i have been with ****** for a year now and i do really like their service. It would really be great to get them.

New User

Status

I posted an earlier reply but I don't see it here for some reason. self promotion removed
    Last edited by HTML; 05-07-2007 at 03:50 AM.

New User

Status

Have you tried techhosting? Their just new but I've heard some good stuff about them. I'm currently having my hosting with ******. I'd have to say that they are doing an excellent job plus the pricing is such a bonus.

Disabled

Status

check **********[dot]com