36 users online (2 members and 34 guests)  

Related

1. Greetings to all Ahfb2000 Members!    Forum: Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 0
  2. Roses to AHFB2000    Forum: General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel

What's new at AHFB2000

We are now XHTML 1.0 transitional compliant, well for the most part anyway.

Forever we have been a complete mess, 3 or 4 different designs depending on what page or section you were browsing, and horrendous coding. It took a long while but I have gone through every page, updated the design and tested for XHTML compatibility. I do still come across a script or two which needs a little work, and the query strings in some links...grrr.

This morning I began to write my first serious php script. It has been discussed on occassion, starting an article section where you folks and others can submit webmaster related articles. This afternoon I am through with it, no it is not complete, I am just through with it . Actually it was going fairly well, but it occured to me that with the new vbulletin I can use it as the backend . I have a good idea of what I am going to do and how to do it, but I am going to wait until VB rc comes out at the end of november. As it stands, all of the work that you see on the forums are going to have to be done over when this version hits the streets, thanks to a whole new template and style system. If you are interested in becoming a staff writer or article submission let me know and I will keep you updated on the status. I will be looking for articles on SEO, affiliate programs, usability, also as important if not more so are news writers and 1 page quick tutorials.

While I await the release of Vbulletin, I am going to be working on adding to the current sections, mainly the PHP scripts archive and the web hosting directory.

The most important change at AHFB2000 over recent months, is one that I had no hand in. I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to many of our newer members which have stepped up to the plate and offered their time, knowledge and experience to help others. Without you folks Dean and Enigma would have hairstyles similiar to Benzden, and I would not have been able to make the improvements that I am. With this new found time I want to add more of what you want, so it is up to you folks to let me know exactly what that is.

Dave
    Last edited by HTML; 03-23-2009 at 04:01 PM.

Status
    Dave, if you need anything at all... I would be willing to write any type of script..

I voulenteered before to write an article system before for you..

If there is anything I can do at all, I would love to do it

And if anyone else needs some work, just say so.. im willing to do some work for free to beef up our portfolio

Status

Talking

I'm not sure of what I could offer in the way of coding, but I would be quite willing to do proofreading and editing; nothing irks me more than articles and tutorials that are confusing or riddled with wrong spelling and grammer.
    I would also like to see a section for stories (articles?) about the lighter side of troubleshooting web coding and computer problems in general. Those are things that I think I might enjoy contributing to (in between writing chapters of my "Great Canadian Novel").

Hmmmmmmm..........."There are millions of bits flying around in the Naked Computer; this is just one of them...."
    The Cludge: Chapter One
    It was a quiet night in the office when I finally got the chance to attempt to install Windows Millenium over a buggy resurrection of Windows 98 on a 400 Mhz Celeron.
    Things were okay up until a month previous when the computer started to display the illegal operations dialogue box, and the user was concerned that she was going to lose all her email contacts. I was called in to find the trouble, and (due to various reports of a nasty worm making the rounds) quickly came to the conclusion that the easiest thing to do would be to buy a new computer and try to load everything onto it. This solution was given the go-ahead and I proceeded to shop around for a deal. One of the prime requisites was "Just as long as it works exactly like the older one. My work was cut out for me. I wasn't sure if.............