55 users online (0 members and 55 guests)  

Thread: Absence

Administrator

Status

Absence

I'm off to wales for a week. We are talking no internet cafes at all

Cya when I get back
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Hope you are having fun

My first time checking in for 3 days and it looks like I am not needed good thing, the contracting business has me working twice the hours my back allows.

...my mind is in no shape at the end of the day

D

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Hope you are having fun

My first time checking in for 3 days and it looks like I am not needed good thing, the contracting business has me working twice the hours my back allows.

...my mind is in no shape at the end of the day

D
    What kind of work do you do dave? (Contracting work that is)

I have been paving for a good friend of mine since I was 13... I make a good amount of money

Status

Talking

I did contracting work from HS graduation until I was 29. Mostly concrete forming and finishing in high-rise construction. Great pay when the hours are there, but way more dependant on the economy than what I'm doing now (but not by much!).

How's Wales doing?

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaire
    What kind of work do you do dave? (Contracting work that is)
    Before getting hurt I was an electrician for the nations largest publicly traded service company. I did not even do it long enough to get my journeymans license, but still managed to get the foreman job over folks with bith JM and master licenses as well as being the "star" of many teaching videos. I was chosen to head up the largest project in the company history...and then got hurt I went back to designing and selling lighting systems (which is my real love) for malls, arenas and retail outlets. Even this was now too much for my back so I moved back to SA.

My contracting work now is general, I am fortunate enough to have some VERY good friends who set me up in business with vehicles, tools and funding. Other friends own a very large oil company(the senior actually is credited with pioneering the "convenience store"), they and the company VIPs are my primary customers. If they want something built I build it or get it built, if they want me to go to their home and take the trash to the curb...I jump on it with a smile, plumbing, painting, moving offices....all the things I am not supposed to do anymore. A couple of months ago I had to take the Aston Martin vantage db7 to Houston to get a sports exhaust put in, so much of it is pretty easy (and fun).

The pay is fantastic, the most important thing is the flexibility. With my back I could never hold down a 40 hour a week job anymore, regardless if it was moving 400 pound firesafes or sitting at a customer service desk. Now I am able to lay on ice packs for weeks at a time and not worry about being fired

Now you understand my annual thanksgiving day ramblings which btw is coming up

Dave

Status
    I feel bad dave... it's like what my mom is going through now....

My dad hurt his back and knee and didn't work for 10 years, thank god he was able to go back to work..

But my mom, she can't do anything anymore but lay in bed...

Administrator

Status
    Thats bad, Z. Sorry to hear it.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!

Status
    I'm starting to think that everyone here goes by the first initial in there first name

i.e. Z, D, Q lol

Administrator

Status

Sorry to hear about your folks zaire

welcome back Dean!

Administrator

Status
    Not back yet I'm on a 28.8k modem

Administrator

Status

I s e e

Be Yourself

Status
    ha where did u find THAT! My dad had surgery on his back and was out of work for months, but I'm pretty sure that's different than yours What is the specific problem anyways? And general contracting, one of my greatest friends his a contractor. gave him tools, fans, and a HUGE truck just for working there! Talk about a signing bonus...