58 users online (1 members and 57 guests)  

Related

1. perl database connection problem    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. How to Decode the data from Database using database handler?    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 1
  3. Replies: 0
  4. Huge problem!    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Huge DATABASE problem, Please HELP!

Every so often, I am losing an ENTIRE record from the database. I have one admin page set up, and it is logged. Besides that page, there is no where else on the site that has a DELETE function. All records are stored with a primary id#, and this number is NEVER accessed again. Only used in creation. The rest of the functions are done with UPDATE statements, which in no way can cause a delete. Only 2 users have access to the main database, and neither of us have deleted it.

Please anyone with any info on how this could happen let me know.

New User

Status
    The records which are going AWOL, you know for certain they were inserted into the DB to begin with? Meaning, have you accessed them since they were added to verify that they actually were inserted? Do you know if they are dissappearing after you enter them or update them? If you have phpMyAdmin, I believe there are options to repair and optimize tables, maybe that would give you some ideas. Talk to your webhost about it. Or possibly create a replacement or second DB and see what happens. Perhaps you can backup the records on a daily basis, at least you may be able to save them. Maybe there is a bad data storage area in your DB. I know these aren't solid solutions, and maybe you've considered these ideas, but just a few thoughts I thought I'd throw out there.