38 users online (0 members and 38 guests)  

Related

1. Form submission to email an Excel file.    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 1
  2. Form - checkboxes & file upload    Forum: PHP Forum
  3. html form to file (newbie)    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 15
  4. Creating a form with file submission    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
  5. Send form information to a data file    Forum: HTML Forum
    New User

Status

Form to Doc file?

Is there a any script that you know of that will allow me to take the input of a form send it in an email attached as a doc file, in the lay out of my choice? I have seen something that takes a form and sends the form as an attachment in a word document. I believe its an asp script but I honestly have no idea where to begin to start

Thanks
    Deuce

Super Newbie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce
    Is there a any script that you know of that will allow me to take the input of a form send it in an email attached as a doc file, in the lay out of my choice? I have seen something that takes a form and sends the form as an attachment in a word document. I believe its an asp script but I honestly have no idea where to begin to start

Thanks
    Deuce
    That shouldn't be too difficult.
    1) Build a form
    2) Build a page to process the form. Use Scripting.FileSystemObject to write out and save the text as a text file, then save it as a word document (just name it with a .doc extension)
    3) Lay it out however you like, assign the text to a variable, then edit the text to however you want it to appear, before writing it to a text file and saving
    4) Use the ASP Mailing component to send the email, complete with attachment. Voila!

You'll have to work it out yourself. If you want details, I'm sure QuietDean and gang will help