47 users online (1 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. Word documents to html code    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 2
  3. Uploading word documents...    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 2
  4. Open new documents in two frames    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Question Documents in HTML

I have a website already created which includes policies and procedures. After the user has completed reading the policies and procedures I would like them to type in their name saying that they agreed to what they have read.
    Its basically an online contract. User will then submit the forms they have read. Now what I would like to know is how can I store these documents for each user so I can go back at a later date to view. Would I need to use a cookie?Where would I store the documents? Any suggestions would help!!
    Thanks

Texan at Heart

Status
    Well you could use a database of sorts. Cookies are no good because they are stored on the user's system & they can be deleted by the user.

New User

Status

Lightbulb

I forgot about the database. In using the database I would only being storing the user name. I would also like to store the actual contract. I haven't started to write the code for this portion. I don't know where to start. I know I will need a submit button on the html document. Once the user hits submit I need it to point to the database table that would hold the name but what about the contract??????

Administrator

Status
    Most databases have a 'blob' field (or equivalent) which lets you store images, or pdf docs or prtty much any binary data in the database.

in mySQL it's called 'blob'. Unsure about the others.
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?