60 users online (1 members and 59 guests)  

Thread: Excel

Related

1. Problem with excel file writing using PERL    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 0
  2. Replies: 0
  3. problem with excel file reading in Perl-Cgi    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. Insert image into Excel using perl?    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 1
  5. Replies: 5
    New User

Status

Excel

Anyone know how to embed a simple MS Excel spreadsheet onto a web page? I've tried using the <object> tag to do this but when I load the web page it has a grid of crosses where the spreadsheet should be, and excel loads up. I just want the page to show the spreadsheet inside it!

The code I have tried so far is

<object data="whiteboard.xls" width="100%">
    </object>

Unfortunately I cant include a link to the page as it is on my company's intranet site. The version of Excel we use is '97.
    Last edited by wellmad; 11-27-2003 at 09:59 AM.

Status
    Why not save the spreadsheet as a web page?

New User

Status

Save as website?

Im having a similar problem but not quite the same. And let me start by first saying that Im a complete HTML newbie. I simply wanted to put up a site to keep some things all in one spot and accessible from any computer that Im at. I have a spreadsheet with several sheets that I would like to put on the website but have been unsuccessful so far. I finally saved it as a webpage and was able to see it but cant save entries that I make to the spreadsheet. Is it even possible to do this? And if it is possible please tell me how...in newbie terms please

Status
    I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I would just download via FTP from wherever I am, update it locally, and FTP it back online. (I suppose that would be the most rudimentary way to do it without using server side stuff.)

Unless , of course, I'm misunderstanding your question......

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Android
    I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I would just download via FTP from wherever I am, update it locally, and FTP it back online. (I suppose that would be the most rudimentary way to do it without using server side stuff.)

Unless , of course, I'm misunderstanding your question......
    Sounds like the only solution, I am not aware of any method to edit excel online.

Dave

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Sounds like the only solution, I am not aware of any method to edit excel online.

Dave

oops just saw another post where Dean pointed out a method

http://www.ahfb2000.com/webmaster_he...ead.php?t=2366