40 users online (0 members and 40 guests)  

Related

1. meta tags    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 9
  2. META tags    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 6
  3. Meta tags    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  4. back and forward tags....    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 2

Status

Keep meta tags with domain forward

Hi there,

Just wanting to know if there's any way to keep your existing meta tags (and my favicon) from being obscured by domain masking/forwarding. I put effort into my meta tags and get irked that (well, at least with 2 domain providers) all I can put in is a short description and keywords and if I'm super lucky, a default title bar.

The one way I've found to do it is to put a small "kill frames" script in... but of course that just means you type in the domain url but then your hosting address shows up and so defeats some of the reasons why I like having a domain. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Even if it were possible, the effects would be nil due to the frames. Meta tags, as with all search engine optimization methods should be page specific.

Dave

Status
    Thanks for that Dave
    It is as I feared.... oh my poor little favicon. Nevermind.

Status
    I'm assuming (since you're using domain forwarding) that you're using a free web site host. Have you considered using paid hosting? You would then be able to use your domains without having to use a framed forward.

Status
    Hehehe if only Enigma. Usually I do use paid space or people who I normally build sites for do, it's just in this instance I'm doing a (rather large) favour for my sisters friends band, and they don't want to spend ANY money... and who know nothing about the internet (even though they use it everyday). But I've done rather well considering, *ree domain name, large bannerless space and after much searching, remotely hosted cgi scripts with no advertising. But I weep for my favicon, and now I have to use inline css rather than external because of Netscape

Administrator

Status
    Whats netscapes problem with external css?
    If one of our members helps you, please click the icon to add to their reputation!
    No support via email or private message - use the forums!
    Before you ask, have you Searched?