40 users online (0 members and 40 guests)  

Related

1. perl permissions    Forum: CGI Perl Forum
    Replies: 4
  2. user permissions    Forum: PHP Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. Replies: 2
  4. Site permissions and more.    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Need help on PHP permissions?

I just installed Noah's Classified Ads on my site. Everything went well untill I tried to modify the Catatories? I tried to upload a picture and it gave me all kinds of Errors!! I went to the Help section and read what was wrong. this is what it told me to do:

[quote]
    A: The problem is that the application has no write permission under 'pictures/listings'. Noah's Classifieds tries to save the advertisement pictures under 'pictures/listings' and the category pics under 'pictures/cats'. So, you should go in 'pictures' and execute the following Unix command:
    chmod 777 listings cats
    [unquote]

I thought I understood about permission however in this case I don't guess I do. I went to the picture/cats and I changed the permissions to 777!! Which I thought that was what it was talking about?

I went to sign on and it said I did not have permission !!

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and maybe tell me how to correct my problem?

Any help will be greatly appreicated.

Flash32

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Changing permissions to 777 should not cause to not be able to log in, should be a seperate issue.

My first guess in regards to the upload problem, could it be that your host has safe mode on?

Dave

New User

Status

reply/request?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Changing permissions to 777 should not cause to not be able to log in, should be a seperate issue.

My first guess in regards to the upload problem, could it be that your host has safe mode on?

Dave
    Ok, so what can I do about the safe mode being turned on? Can I turn it off? it was letting me log in Before I changed the permission levels. The permissions was set to 554 before I changed them to 777 as per the help file?

Did I understand the help file correctly? Was I suppose to change the permission levels to 777?

Thanks
    Again any help will be of Great Help
    Flash32

New User

Status
    Hi, i have that same problem, I don't know whether it will work for you, but i realized that i have not set up my database correctly yet. Since uploading pictures and what not causes changes to the database.

In my instance, I hosted with yahoo. So they have mysql, and all I have to do was just to configure it and problem solved.

Hope this helped!

By the way? I can't seem to be able to receive mail to my admin address even after all the options at notifications were active. Do you have similar problems?

And where is the option to prolong ads? Please help if you know. Thanks!