46 users online (0 members and 46 guests)  

Related

1. How do I get listed in search engines    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 12
  2. Register on search engines    Forum: Search Engine Optimization - SEO - Forum
    Replies: 3
  3. http://search-engines-web.com/    Forum: Link Exchange
    Replies: 1
  4. http://search-engines-web.com/    Forum: Link Exchange
    Replies: 2
    New User

Status

domain name dropped from search engines

Hi

Everyone I have a problem with one of my sites that has completely got me.

When you typed in our company in Most search engines NOT just Google

www.ourcompnay.com appeared in 1st place

www.ourcompany.co.uk appeared in 2nd place

both sites are identical

We decided to redo our site completely and resubmit www.ourcompnay.com using Web Position Gold,

Once submitted we monitored the results:

www.ourcompany.co.uk went straight to no1.

www.ourcompany.com gradually fell away and disappeared in ALL major Search engines although it is still indexed.

Anyone know why??/ this problem is totally perplexing me, I think anyone who has the answer to this definitely knows there stuff.

Sheraz

Administrator

Status

Follow HTML On Twitter Add HTML on Facebook Add HTML on Google+ Add HTML on Linkedin Visit HTML's Youtube Channel
    Looks like it could be a combination of things, first, when you have 2 identicle websites (or pages) google will typically eliminate the one that it picked up second.

Google also appears to have a strong dislike of webposition gold, good software, but with the current SE climate it may not be such a valuable tool IMO.

Of course there could be on page factors that have contributted but without a url I cannot say.

Dave

New User

Status

Hi Dave

Excellent, thats what I thought, the site in question is www.gregorypennington.co.uk and of course www.gregorypennington.com

Personally I hate the design but it was done by an external company before I arrived, I just imputed all the text and images, style and layout.

All my links point to the .com suffix, prior to us dropping out we appeared on page 30 for a search on debt management on google, something I was hoping to build on.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sheraz