50 users online (0 members and 50 guests)  

Related

1. Inline Frame Help    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 3
  2. Inline frame Question Please    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 11
  3. AutoExpanding Inline Frame    Forum: HTML Forum
    Replies: 1
  4. Vertical Scrollbar / Slider Manipulation    Forum: Javascript Forum
    Replies: 0
  5. Stop Inline Frame    Forum: Website Scripts Forum
    Replies: 1
    New User

Status

Inline Frame Scrollbar Manipulation

I frequent a texted based game site in which the webmaster is having trouble with his chat.

The game is set up such that the chat is an inline frame. When an action or message is sent to the chat it is added at the bottom of the chat, but neither of us can figure out a way to have the chat scroll down to the last object added into the frame without have the scroll for the entire site move as well.

Reordering the chat so that new objects are added to the top is not an option.

Is there some way to manipulate the scrollbar of the inline frame to have its initial value at the maximum while keeping the entire sites scrollbar at the minimum?

New User

Status
    just to advance the subject...

we tried using a scrollIntoView( negative ) javascript method for the inline frame... it worked no better than an anchor... the frame worked perfectly to load at the bottom, but it pulled the rest of the page down as well.

the problem is that i haven't a clue how to manipulate the scrollbar, since the i-frame creates it...

it would be easy as pie if i created it myself with javascript...

anyone perhaps know a way that i can set the i-frame scroll value as no...thus forcing it not to have a scroll and then add on my own scroll to the frame?